looking to lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have had my 18 QC 4x4 for over 3 years now and most of that time has been spent with rear lowering kit but after getting back into off roading 2years ago I find it would be more practical to gain some height.I dont wheel the truck but some places I go to ride aren't friendly for a lowered truck.I plan on keeping my sport wheels and have 1 1/2" Bora wheel spacers,tires are 305/50/20 Cooper HT plus.I just put my stock rear coils back on yesterday.Dont need anything crazy just want to give her some attitude.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just get a set of 5100s, put them at 2.1" , get an alignment and never think about it again

OP
OP
jeffawats

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
maybe Bils at 2.8 and a rear spacer or some rear lift springs.want to retain about an inch of factory rake.Also heard the stock rear coils sag badly when towing. Usually pulling about 4k-5k

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe Bils at 2.8

Then you'll need lift specific upper control arms too or live with a half baked alignment. That's why I recommended the next notch down, seems like every truck is able to stay within alignment spec with around 2" or less on stock arms.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree 2.8, you are going to want angle correcting UCA's like the Zone UCA's.

OP
OP
jeffawats

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess the easiest way to descibe what I want is the stance of a 2500

OP
OP
jeffawats

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would recommend a 4" full lift or nothing at all. CVs are a little more difficult to level than SA (Solid Axles). At least if you want to do it correctly... your tie rod, sway bar, CV, UCA, and LCA angle will be raised fairly significantly at 2.5"+ which will lead to premature wear and tear. Couple this with some decent off-roading this could cause strain in places you don't want it to. A full lift will circumvent all these issues by essentially setting all angles back to factory measurements.

Of course there are thousands of individuals who level and keep on going, but I think most get rid of their vehicle when the warranty expires or starts giving them troubles. No one really fights through the issues that comes with leveling so that's why you probably don't hear much negative feedback regarding it.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep not having any problems. This isn't difficult.