Looking to lower my ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it look any lower? Took out the rough country 3in today and put in some stock coils. Here it is sitting on 35" with just 3in spindles up front and nothing out back. still no rub :)

IMG_0212.jpg

Before
IMG_0154.jpg
After
IMG_0206.jpg

Anyway, found a buyer for the lift so looks like ill be getting tires this paycheck.
Ill keep you all posted

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol doesnt look any lower to me but truck is lookin good

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropping it next week. It's not gonna be the full drop yet so far I'm trading my suspension wheels an tires for my friends. He's got 2 in drop springs up front and idk out back but he has the tire size I want and they are almost new That was the big part. So this is a start then I'll still get the kit I wanted plus 1in spacers so it's a 3in drop up front and I'll figure out what shackle length I need out back to make it sit level. This is nice because I was planning on doing my upper arms then getting an alignment this week so I was already planning on spending that money makes the drop practically free. I'll get some pics up once I'm done.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice deal

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Do they make a shorter throw for the shifter?
IMG_0182.jpg
That bad boy has some size to it.

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do they make a shorter throw for the shifter?
IMG_0182.jpg
That bad boy has some size to it.

Haha I wish. Its actually not that bad I can hit all the gears with just wrist movement with my arm sitting on the arm rest. Not as nice as the new MGW shifter I put in the camaro lol. Anyway does anybody know what company makes drop leafs for the rear of our trucks? My friends truck has stock shackles and isn't flipped. But the spring looks different than stock it has the main leaf from hanger to shackle then below has a leaf then th axle and above it has 3 spacers (leafs like 6 inches long) so it's the right thickness for the u bolts. And has shorter bump stops. It rides ok I just drove it from Vegas to apple valley lol. So I think those springs plus 2 in shackles and itll be looking good ill get some pics up of his truck soon and the swap next week.

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is his truck
c6c64d70.jpg
The drop springs up front beltech 5988s out back so what like a 2/3 drop. Idk if I wanna run this and add in 2 in drop shackles to level it or find stock leafs then do a flip kit out back and get 2in spindles up front and run the drop springs with 1 in spacers. I guess we will wait and see how much tax refund I have left over after my gears.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You wil sit higher than that. The 02-05 sits one inch higher with ever suspension set up staying the same going from one truck to the next.

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the heads up. Guess that means i will be going lower then haha. anyway does anybody know off the top of their head if the Beltech leafs are the same length from eyelet to eyelet as stock. I wanna add some 2in drop shackles but I don't know if they just flattened out the arch making the spring longer to get the drop of if they used a flatter shorter spring. I guess I could wait until i have them and measure them before i order the shackles...

these are the leafs
Belltech Rear Lowering Leaf Springs

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm a little lost, how come you want to buy leafs? You could just order a flip kit like what I have on my truck and go lower for a lot cheaper. 2" Shackles won't drop it much, it's barely noticeable to the eye. I think you should just order a 2/4.5 flip kit and call it good :D

OP
OP
T

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not buying the leafs I'm getting them in a trade for my lift,wheels and tires. The only thing I may be buying is the shackles to add to the leafs just to see if that's low enough for me. If its not low enough I'll be finding a set of stock leafs and Doing a flip. The leafs and coils aren't what I'm really after in this trade what I really want is the tires and wheels if I could get them keeping my stock leafs I would and just do a flip from the start but he needs the stockers. I'll prolly end up doing the 2/4.5 spindle kit and use the coils I get from this plus spacers to get a lil lower. It all depends on how I feel once its installed. I should be doing it today or tomorrow

Last edited:

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
The_Ocho,

Are you stationed at Nellis AFB?

I swear I've seen that exact same truck drive around there before at the dorms.

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
Right on man.

You may have seen my truck driving around there, it's the only one with White headlights.