Love the new truck but have a few concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Swallow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi all,

My 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express has less than 6,000 km. A month ago I started receiving a "service shifter" message. I took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it so they were going to contact engineering and get back to me. Now a month later, the truck will stop moving and give me a message that I have to put it into Park. It's inconvenient and embarrassing when my brand new truck won't go. I gave it a month and reached out again, no update. I just received an email stating that the tech who was looking at it is on vacation for another week. Is this acceptable on any level or am I just being impatient?

Related: I was hoping to install a Customtronix lockpick so I can add a front camera. Would installing the Lockpick cause me any warranty grief with the above shifter issue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemmy
I really think that after 1 month they should have been able to give you some kind of update on your issue. It's my opinion that even though the tech that had worked on your truck has gone on vacation they should still be getting updates on your problem. Your dealer surely has more than 1 tech and the service manager should be the contact for engineering and could get a different tech on the job. If were mine i would drop it off to them and tell them to repair the issue or give me a truck to drive till they can get it figured out and done. Are they a five star dealership if so they would not want you to contact the company and tell what has been going on their rating would drop. if that happens to my truck my dealership is five star and I know the owner and he would be all over getting it repaired in a timely fashion. they would give me something to drive while it was down. i guess i'm not as easy going as some are, i don't like getting the brush off when they should be on it.

As stimpy443 said I would not add anything till the issue is resolved

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all,

My 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express has less than 6,000 km. A month ago I started receiving a "service shifter" message. I took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it so they were going to contact engineering and get back to me. Now a month later, the truck will stop moving and give me a message that I have to put it into Park. It's inconvenient and embarrassing when my brand new truck won't go. I gave it a month and reached out again, no update. I just received an email stating that the tech who was looking at it is on vacation for another week. Is this acceptable on any level or am I just being impatient?

Related: I was hoping to install a Customtronix lockpick so I can add a front camera. Would installing the Lockpick cause me any warranty grief with the above shifter issue?
Thats a damn shame, i havent had any of those issues, 17k miles on my 18 with the dial. Try another dealer, see what they can do for you. If that doesnt work then nothin you can do but wait. Id be pissed, that’s unacceptable in my opinion. I guess you just got a wonky one

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sounds like a fca buy back situation. Dont start off with a new truck like that. You have given them plenty of time. Start calling fca

OP
OP
Mike Swallow

Mike Swallow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sounds like a fca buy back situation. Dont start off with a new truck like that. You have given them plenty of time. Start calling fca

Looks like this isn't an option in Canada? Truth be told, I'm kinda attached to this particular truck. I just want some customer service.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's a shame your having issues. When I had some trouble a couple of years ago and a dealership was dragging it's feet I waited about 2 months then decided to submit a review to Yelp, Google and their website. I then contacted BBB and things started to happen. Hopefully it doesn't go that far but there are options. You could also contact FCA and open a file and see if that gets anyone's attention at the dealership.
I don't know how it works but the Canadian version is not a buy back but a dispute resolution system ( https://www.camvap.ca ). Whether it actually works or is just hot air couldn't tell you that.
I would not do anything to the truck to save you any headaches just in case.
Good Luck hope things work out for you.