Low Speed Vibration, Mid Speed Noise and High Speed Calmish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joesdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there! I have a 2004, 4.7, regular cab, long bed 4WD. I just installed a rebuilt engine. It sat still for 2 years. The issue I’m having is from 25-45mph, I experience a strong vibration. From 45-60mph, I have a rocking tire kind of noise. Above 60mph, noise disappears and vibration is reduced to minimal. To say the least, I’m a bit perplexed. I know that low speed vibration could be a seized U-joint. Any thoughts about this are welcome as well as appreciated.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Flat spots on the tires ?

phunahm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive done pretty much all that rear axle are new bearings .... RH front new bearing and cv LH are original but vibration/nose seems to come from RH side even a passenger said the it can be felt at her feet.....

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sounds like you need to take it to be looked at... When I changed front axel joints on my 06 I had both changed at the same time, I don't like the idea the old may go out at any time when on a road trip and need a costly tow to the nearest shop...