Lower Strut bolt frozen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was having the Bilstein 5100s installed today because its just to cold to do it myself right now. What a mess.... the lower strut bolt is frozen to the lower control arm and with heat and oil they havn't been able to move it for a few hours.
Any one else have this? They thought about cutting the bolt but were concerned about the hardware from the factory shock also being frozen to the shock. Tossing in the towel for now. Probably will just be selling them here in a few hours.
Total bummer!

DustanT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v cummins
Yup took me a week to get mine out. Finally went to my dads and we heated it up cherry red and got on the head with an impact(1200flb) and the other end with an air hammer(snap on 12") and both of us just hammered on it for about 3 minutes before it started spinning and finally came out. The bolt was junk after that.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy a new lower control arm. Not worth the effort to try to press a new bearing in or remove the old one.

Someone on here sold me the bushings and bolts for 25 bucks... probably will just have a shop do it.
Whats weird is when they looked it up, it said the whole lower control arm is the serviceable part and they don't make bushings for just our car.