Lubegard Bio/Tech and oil combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
I want to start using lubegard in my engine and I was wandering if there is any motor oil in particular that works better than others when when lubegard is used, I was thinking valvoline EP because this oil is already rich in molybdenum, let me know what the best combo would be, please exclude redline oil.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
PUP, Mobil 1, and Amsoil seem to be popular around here. You don't want to run RL, fair enough, but ironically that's one of the few oils where you don't need to use an additive like LG because the moly is already quite high.

Kind of like asking "what's the best testing donut" and then excluding the top choice (which is obviously the filled maple cream).

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
PUP, Mobil 1, and Amsoil seem to be popular around here. You don't want to run RL, fair enough, but ironically that's one of the few oils where you don't need to use an additive like LG because the moly is already quite high.

Kind of like asking "what's the best testing donut" and then excluding the top choice (which is obviously the filled maple cream).
Everyone knows Boston Cream are the best, tho a Maple Frosted, now that's a close 2nd! :p

Donut fight in yet another oil thread!!! LOL!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not a big Bavarian crème fan but definitely Boston crème or maple donuts. There’s this mom and pop donut shop by me that does these giant donuts and sometimes they’ll make old fashioned cake donuts with blueberries and glazed. Definitely in my top 3.
I used to run Mobil 1 in my wife’s older 97 ram and in my 09 VW Jetta. Stopped using Mobil 1 when I saw how much blow by my VW was getting. I switched to motul for my VW and had nearly 0 blow by anymore. Crazy how just changing the oil can change the blow by. I switched her truck over to penzoil at the time. Now I only run penzoil ultra in my truck and penzoil platinum in her Toyota Corolla. All oil samples come back amazing on her car. The hemi has high wear numbers to begin with but it didn’t change for me between penzoil or redline.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maple icing with bavarian cream filling I can eat them for days.

I use PUP with lubegard in the truck and mobil 1 with lubegard in the work beater and wife's crossover.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Store bought donuts yuck,lol. My wifes friend makes the best homemade glazed donuts you'll ever eat,lol

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A dozen hot Krispy Kremes and a mason jar of cold whole milk!

It seems to me that Redline keeps quiet longer than PUP. This will be the first use of Lubegard for me.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Valvoline Extended Protection Syn in the wife’s 2.0 turbo GMC Terrain AWD Denali…Dexos…seems to do well. RP filter. Runs quiet.

OP
OP
B

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
I would love to use PUP but is not dexos approved, I have to stuck with PP, SORRY I didn't say this is for my GMC Sierra with 6.2, I know what you gonna say , why don't you ask the gm dudes on the gm forums, is because gm forums flat out sucks, that crowd is not fun at all, I will stick with you guys because I see ram in my future for DD drive..... and ill keep my gmc for toy truck.
Edit: you guys are not bug fan of the valvoline EP? im surprised because that oil is loaded with moly..

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I run Redline in my Hemi as they just seem to like it best, but my our GC with a 3.6 is getting Mobil 1 with lubeguard same with our Mustang and the old Pontiac.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to use PUP but is not dexos approved, I have to stuck with PP, SORRY I didn't say this is for my GMC Sierra with 6.2, I know what you gonna say , why don't you ask the gm dudes on the gm forums, is because gm forums flat out sucks, that crowd is not fun at all, I will stick with you guys because I see ram in my future for DD drive..... and ill keep my gmc for toy truck.
Edit: you guys are not bug fan of the valvoline EP? im surprised because that oil is loaded with moly..
I run it in my GMC :D

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
she like it ? what oil you use with it?
Yes. It is quiet, no consumption. Seems to hold up well. 5w-30. Valvoline EP. Mobil-1 filter. I like it because I can pick up all that I need at Autozone versus my RAm, where everything is online.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When did Lubegard get so popular?
I took a vacation from the forum in ‘19 due to another hobby and I cant recall hearing about it then….

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When did Lubegard get so popular?
I took a vacation from the forum in ‘19 due to another hobby and I cant recall hearing about it then….
This is a poor man's substitute for RL oil.
I've used Lubeguard with PUP. Seemed to make the engine quiet. Currently use Quaker State Full synth 5w30 with no additives. The engine runs smooth. 125k.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for this question, but has anyone used the Heavy duty lube guard (grey bottle) in our trucks or just the regular blue bottle?