Magnaflow vs carven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m sure this topic has been beat to death but I’m going to ask it anyway. I’ve had the magnaflow on my truck for 3 years now. It’s really rusty and I need to have some pipe replaced so I’m selling it to the wife that I need to replace my muffler as well. Should I go with magnaflow again which I know I like or change it up and go with carven this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends if you want a louder exhaust. The Carven will be louder than your MF. Not really sure if the tone is same of different, but it will be louder. If you like the MF sound but want to try something different (around the same volume), I recommend the Borla Pro XS muffler. I switched from 14" MF to Pro XS and found the noise volume about the same, with no drone from the Borla and a slightly deeper tone.

Carven was one of my options going into this whole muffler swap escapade, but kept reading that some thought it was too loud so that pointed me to MF and then Borla. Your call as to whether you want more Hemi volume.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure this topic has been beat to death but I’m going to ask it anyway. I’ve had the magnaflow on my truck for 3 years now. It’s really rusty and I need to have some pipe replaced so I’m selling it to the wife that I need to replace my muffler as well. Should I go with magnaflow again which I know I like or change it up and go with carven this time?

I really like my Carven Progressive. Not too obnoxious when MDS is on, or at speed. However, when you get on it..... You know it!!!

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the magnaflow now. I would really like to have the corsa but money doesn’t grow on trees unfortunately.

OP
OP
2014greatwhite

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just stopped by the exhaust shop that will be installing the new muffler. They said base off how the last shop horribly put my existing muffler on that carven is out of the question. So magnaflow it is I guess or maybe something similar keep the suggestions coming in ordering today.