map sensor 2009 4.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machsilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2009 4.7 with almost 190,000mi. while a believer in the old "ain't broke, don't fix" saying. I also understand sensors wear out over time, even seeing some evidence that these things sometimes don't trip a code until they're off by as much as 20%. the truck is old, but I want to keep her running great for more years. the Dodge parts are expensive (MAP is $109, crankshaft position is %122) what companies make the oem parts, or has anyone had good experiences with certain brands?

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
I've always been of the belief that the mopar sensors are required on mopars Aftermarket parts tolerances may or may not fall in the mopar ranges correctly.

OP
OP
M

machsilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you heard anything about needing to program them to the computer at all? or anything like that. I've heard weird stuff like that on "newer" vehicles. yeah, I've come to the conclusion that I'll just get oem sensors from the dealership