Max Care Warranty Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not sure what’s going on with the Max Care Warranty people, but I’ve been having nothing but problems. This all started from me trying to update my address on the website, and then over the phone because the website said it could not be be found.

I’ve been trying for almost 8 months for them to say “yes, your lifetime warranty is valid” and yes you can bring your vehicle in for repairs.
I bought my truck in 2015 from a Ram dealer as a certified used. And I bought the warranty from the dealer at the time of purchase.
I’ve called and get a reason why it’s been canceled, then get transferred to a supervisor to say I’m not sure sure why the previous person said it’s not valid. I’m showing it’s warranty as good. So then I go to the dealer and they say I do not see a max cate warranty.
I spent thousands of dollars on a warranty to only be told, what warranty? ‍♂️

I’d highly recommend people that have the lifetime warranty call to make sure it’s still active. Especially if you’ve not taken your vehicle in for repairs lately.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Didn't you get a printed copy of the agreement when you bought the truck? I bought my Max Care plan with cash after I bought the truck, but I have both digital and printed copies of it. I keep a copy in the glove box.

My plan is not lifetime, and I've read posts about them trying to buy folks out of those contracts. But I doubt it's legal for them to cancel it, especially with nothing in writing.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a friend who went through the same situation. Bottom line was the dealer sold him a Maximum Care lifetime policy, but it wasn't from Mopar or Chrysler, it was an aftermarket *** company service contract.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maxcare customer service has definitely been subpar recently.

I have purchased multiple maxcare warranty’s and after the last issue with customer service I will not buy another one.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't you get a printed copy of the agreement when you bought the truck? I bought my Max Care plan with cash after I bought the truck, but I have both digital and printed copies of it. I keep a copy in the glove box.

My plan is not lifetime, and I've read posts about them trying to buy folks out of those contracts. But I doubt it's legal for them to cancel it, especially with nothing in writing.
Yes, I received a copy of the paperwork when I purchased the truck. Received a card and more paperwork in the mail a few weeks after I bought it.

I agree, it cannot be legal for them to cancel a warranty without cause.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
45 days for mopar to “investigate” if my maxcare warranty is still valid!
This is ridiculous.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i have any paperwork issue, i just go see the Finance Officer that wrote up the Sales Contract

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
45 days for mopar to “investigate” if my maxcare warranty is still valid!
This is ridiculous.
Wow. I'd be fit to be tied. I've read far too many complaints on this forum about Mopar dragging their feet on warranty issues. I hope it is resolved soon.

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I'm just wondering how a lifetime warranty can not be still valid. So long as you have proof of purchase and the contract of what's covered there should be no issues. Of course proper maintenance is a big part of being coverage.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have to escalate through Ram Cares. I had to do that with my warranty. I bought my truck a few hours away from home so couldn't easily walk into the dealership to fix it. I bought the 8yr/125k maxcare but the system was showing 4 years. After a couple months of calling the dealer to fix it and it not getting fixed I contacted Ram cares and they got it fixed for me.