Maxtrac 7" lift Carrier Bearing Spacer Kit 2018 1500 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So after after a couple of months of wondering why my truck was vibrating when I first take off, I stumbled upon a youtube video and forum thread that mentioned the carrier bearing spacer for the Maxtrac 7" lift which "drops the carrier bearing down to allow for proper drive shaft alignment to eliminate possible drive line vibrations, ensuring proper form and function" ....

I remember seeing this when I saw the lift kit on maxtrac's website but forgot to mention it to the guy who installed it lol ... so now I have ordered this kit and will be installing it myself ...

Has anyone done this themselves and is it difficult without a jack to hold up the driveshaft?

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take u about 5 mins to do easy all it is is 4 longer bolts with thick washer crawl under there and swap out no jack

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Well I finally got this done myself ...took me no more than 15 minutes ... Just loosened each bolt one by one then inserted 1 bolt at a time without the spacers to hold the driveshaft in place ...then inserted the spacers 1 at a time and didn't even need a jack lol ... Now I have no vibration whatsoever ... oh yeah baby !!!!

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would think knowing that this is an issue that they would sell it with the kit even if they had to up charge a little bit 30 or 40 bucks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It varies, mine didn't need it. I'm totally stock driving.