MDS off, increase throttle response, maybe update tires size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn, crew cab, 5.7, 8 speed auto, 2wd. I'm vagally familiar with AlfaOBD and what it can do, been watching a ton of vids. Question is is there an alternative and less costly option to turn off MDS? using the controls is fine but every time you shift directions, going through the _ +++++++ is annoying. Maybe a modal that just plugs into the OBD II port with the command?

I'd be interested in increasing the throttle response as well if possible, the lug or lag of pulling out tends to be annoying.

Additionally (as a bonus) altering the programmed tire size to balance the speedometer. I'm currently only 3 - or + at 60 for the speedometer, not a big issue, just grabbing what I can get while I'm at it.

I was looking at the Pulsar Edge module but again, I'm disabled and on a tight budget at 60. Tried finding a Ram owner in my area that I could contact to help them offset their initial cost of AlfaOBD but no luck thus far, thanks for letting me bleed your ears.

ADWarlock20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AlfaOBD does not have the ability to disable MDS; you'd have to get a separate tuner for that. A pedal commander or 9drive would allow you to adjust the throttle response, plug and play. If I am not mistaken, Alfa does let you recalibrate the speedometer.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
you don't have to keep hitting +++++++++, simply put it in 8th just 1 time at the beining of your drive and go. It will act like a normal automatic transmision.