Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

centralmind27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a droning/whining noise intermittently while driving my 2019 Ram 1500. I had it looked at and was told that the most likely issue was MDS Solenoid. Currently do not have the extra funds to get it replaced, permanently deleted, or to leave my truck there and get an in depth inspection, However I was told that I could use the gear - and gear + buttons on my steering wheel to temporarily disable the MDS each time I put it into Drive. I did that and since that time yesterday I have no longer heard the noise, but now my check engine light is coming on today and it is throwing the code P1524 (Oil pressure out of range) Is this only because I am running it without the MDS or do I have a bigger issue here? I’m really tight on funds right now with trying to get my kids Christmas, and need my truck to get to work. Any help or any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
p1524
did you recently change your oil & filter
watch this any way

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a droning/whining noise intermittently while driving my 2019 Ram 1500. I had it looked at and was told that the most likely issue was MDS Solenoid. Currently do not have the extra funds to get it replaced, permanently deleted, or to leave my truck there and get an in depth inspection, However I was told that I could use the gear - and gear + buttons on my steering wheel to temporarily disable the MDS each time I put it into Drive. I did that and since that time yesterday I have no longer heard the noise, but now my check engine light is coming on today and it is throwing the code P1524 (Oil pressure out of range) Is this only because I am running it without the MDS or do I have a bigger issue here? I’m really tight on funds right now with trying to get my kids Christmas, and need my truck to get to work. Any help or any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!
That's your Electronic Range Select (ERS). I got in the habit of activating my ERS every time I drive to override the MDS because if I wanted a 4-cyl vehicle I would have bought one. I have not had an issue with oil pressure, or anything else for that matter.