Media Hub compatibility question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 ram 1500 Tradesman. The usb port on the media hub quit working (still charges but doesn't connect to Uconnect) so I am looking for a replacement. Found a good deal on one on ebay but it has a SD Card slot and my current one doesn't. Will it still fit and function correctly? Below is the one I found. Mine looks the same except no SD Card slot (just black plastic in that area).

Thanks for any input.

Media Hub.PNG

Tipicreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,
I'm in the same boat. Did you find your answer?

Tipicreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I got mine installed. USB & Aux works but the SD card doesn't. Could be the card, could be year to year incompatibility, maybe the eBay unit. YMMV. USB stick works YAY! $30 eBay.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I got mine installed. USB & Aux works but the SD card doesn't. Could be the card, could be year to year incompatibility, maybe the eBay unit. YMMV. USB stick works YAY! $30 eBay.
The SD card option was not available in any trucks with the RA1 3" non touch screen or RA2 5" touch screen radio. The 2013 to 2016 trucks with the 8.4" RA3 or RA4 radio had the SD card option. It was not available in the 2017 trucks no matter what radio you had. My truck came with the RA2 but I upgraded to the RA4 and changed the media hub and enabled the code so I now have the SD card option. I have tons of music on it and use it all the time. I like it because once you insert the card it's out of the way unlike a USB stick. If you have the RA1 or RA2 radio I'm not sure if the SD card will work or not. You would definitely have a better chance with the RA2 5"touch screen radio than the RA1 3" non touch screen radio. If you want to try to make it work the first thing you would need to do is enable the code in your BCM with the Alfa OBD. Once you do this you can see if the option comes up when you press the media button or insert the SD card. If it doesn't show then the radio is probably not capable of playing the SD card.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tipicreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info. I do have an RA2 5" touch. It may be my excuse to buy alfa OBD. I'll keep posting.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. I do have an RA2 5" touch. It may be my excuse to buy alfa OBD. I'll keep posting.
Ok definitely keep us posted. I'v kinda wondered about this but I already had installed the RA4 before I installed the media port with the SD card. If you decide to get the Alfa tool the setting is in Ecuconfig#3 External port type. You are going to want to enable AUX+USB+SD. After you set the code give the radio a few complete on off cycles to see if the option shows up when you push the media button. It may work even if the option doesn't show up when you push the media button so give it a try either way. The RA2 radios have surprised us a few times in the past when we have enabled other codes so you never know. Even if it doesn't work with the RA2 you can just leave the code enabled in case you ever want the RA3 or RA4 later. 95e0db5939f26a6407dc47853c612681.jpge10521c29ee1fd9f7d3d3a3c03a838d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk