2018 Ram USB hub issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do remember seeing those faint numbers on the connector. I will give it a go and check under seat connections as well. Thank you all so much, I appreciate it!

dgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do remember seeing those faint numbers on the connector. I will give it a go and check under seat connections as well. Thank you all so much, I appreciate it!
Good morning, I checked voltage in the right place this time 11.92v with my cheap multimeter. Replaced the media hub, still no usb connection or blue lights around ports but the aux is now connecting and able to play music from my phone. Any thoughts on a next step?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Any thoughts on a next step?
If you ha e power to the hub, check wiring USB connection, it's a mini-USB, there's one cable that runs from the center console down to just at the edge of the center stack. Check that connection to see if the USB is good there, if not goto the back of the radio.

dgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you ha e power to the hub, check wiring USB connection, it's a mini-USB, there's one cable that runs from the center console down to just at the edge of the center stack. Check that connection to see if the USB is good there, if not goto the back of the radio.
How do I know if the mini USB is good? I found that connection under the driver seat and it seems solid, has continuity to the media hub mini usb. I also checked continuity between the 8 wires running toward the media hub for the other larger harness. Does that mean I need to trace wires from under the drivers seat to the back of the radio? Could it be some kind of programming required? I hope I'm learning something but mostly think I'm clueless and stumbling around.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How do I know if the mini USB is good?
I use a mini USB adapter to be able to plug it into my phone, was lucky enough to one in my spare parts and pieces.
It's possible the USB cable going to the hub has broken internally but you'll want to check the cable at the splice in the middle or at the back of the radio

Challengersky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque
Try removing the Android app from the phone and remove the phone from Uconnect. Start from scratch, add your phone back to Uconnect and then accept the Android app invitation. Once set back up connect the phone via the USB cable.

Hando75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Flexfuel
I have the same problem, but I notice that, since the Uconnect app is no longer functioning, is when my car play stop working, probably that’s the issue maybe is not the cable or the phone, is no longer supported with the app,
Hope that helps

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I have the same problem, but I notice that, since the Uconnect app is no longer functioning, is when my car play stop working, probably that’s the issue maybe is not the cable or the phone, is no longer supported with the app,
Hope that helps

The phase out of the Uconnect App and forcing you to now use RAM connect App has nothing to do with the 8.4 unit in the vehicle connecting to Android Auto or Carplay. Actually, the app is not even required and many folks never installed it. It is usually a phone issue or defective cord.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have had the same issue with my 2020 Ram 1500 Classic. I have to plug my Iphone in 2 sometimes 3 times for CarPlay to work. Sometimes it works the first time, its just hit or miss. New cords. I even tried the WirelessCar Play Adapater, but same issue.

berto23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm having issues with my USB connection from my phone to my 8.4 u connect. About 2 months ago it worked fine then started giving me issues. My phone connects no issue via Bluetooth. When I plug the USB cord into the console port and into my phone I'll get the charging symbol on my phone for about 30-50 seconds then it goes to battery usage again. It'll to that intermittently until the phone is unplugged. The radio will show no device connected. I've tested the cord with a charge brick and a computer so it's not the cord. I can plug my phone brick and use the cable with the 120 plug on the dash no problem. Is there a fuse I should check or do I need a new media hub? Just looking for a place to start. I would like this to start working again so I can display google maps on my radio since I have a non-navigation radio. Thanks in advance
Hey I was having the same issue randomly , worked with different cables but only for limited time .I came on here to figure it out .Did a bit of digging then I tried my wife's phone ,worked perfectly fine with all cables ...turned out my phone had a ton of updates awaiting.Almost all apps from my Google Play store ....I did the update on all of that then checked if my phone was updated to the latest software ( it was not ) . Completed the update restarted my phone and plugged it back into the truck and it works perfect....charging and Android auto.....

Before it would charge intermittently for 8 seconds on and off and say device not supported
Hope this helps !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel