Mega cab best year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew George

Reaction score
Ram Year
????
Engine
??
Hey guys, so I’m looking to buy a mega cab cummins in the near future. What years do you guys recommend? Pros and cons of the years? Not looking to do anything to crazy mod wise, just little bolt on stuff. Also any recommendations on mods for it? I would love a manual but not to picky on that. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I live in Cali, so that’s always a bummer ha. Thanks!

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd say it's more about the mileage and maint done than the year. What is your budget?

FWIW, I've been happy with my 18 Mega CTD. Bought it this spring as a certified pre-owned, with 14K on it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All generations of the MegaCab trucks have about the same space in the cab.

The 4th gen trucks feel more comfortable to me than the 3rd gen units simply due to the seat construction. I'd suggest you go sit in some if you can find them.

Your selection of a MegaCab should focus more on the truck's mileage, options, maintenance history and general condition.

Your budget figure puts you in the 4th gen market, around 2012 - 2016, for a decent MC 2500 with a Cummins.

I had a 3rd gen SLT MC with the 5.7L HEMI in it. Great truck.

15-24.jpg