Mileage stored after 1 million

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Reading this , I thought yes contact the company.
They maybe able to read the actual mileage, I hear awhile back
some company traded a new truck for a 1000000 truck that someone had.
Forget what it was, was not a Dodge or I would remember
That 67 New Yorker in my picture, has gone through 3 generations, high mileage, but not there yet.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Found this on the interwebs. Sounds like Ram will want to replace the module and give you a sticker for your door jamb. Parts + labor $1,100 from what I read.

Attachments

• IMG_20141028_0001.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 10

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bummer... it should be a cast aluminum dash plaque, not a door jamb sticker.

Maybe its time to go back to the "Mileage Adjuster" scan tool idea. Find out who's got one of those scan (adjuster) tools, or buy one, use it and re-sell it on ebay. There's probably some pseudo-reputable used-car dealers in your area ..that operate out of a trailer on the bad side of town, that keeps one in their desk middle drawer for quick use. Make your own door jam sticker. Or send the cluster in for 'repair'. Maybe they provide an 'adjusted' sticker too.

In our state (and some other states) the DMV no longer records mileage after a vehicle reaches 10 years old. Eventually maintenance and upkeep matters more. Of course Canada laws are different I'm sure.

_

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
there should be a Speedometer Shop that you can call to get answers
I would have to think that some computer reader, like the ones that any dealership would have, could read the CPU or another control unit, such as the storage disk or drive in the radio