mirror paint how to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
first post here so thanks in advance. im lookin for advice on how to prep my mirrors for paint, already searched but no luck, did find how to take them apart though haha. BTW people here seem much more intelligent than the last forum I was on haha

jeringate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you wanting to paint them permanently? Why not plasti dip them? Quick and easy and it peels right off if you don't like it. Lots of color options. Its the new "Thing"!

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
first post here so thanks in advance. im lookin for advice on how to prep my mirrors for paint, already searched but no luck, did find how to take them apart though haha. BTW people here seem much more intelligent than the last forum I was on haha

Are yours chrome or black plastic?

reynolds2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my mirrors and door handles are chrome and im looking to colour match them.. does anyone have any tips?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah... have a few beers on hand and be ready for a fight when you start taking those door handles off. I've read several posts saying they're a pain in the ass.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Plastic on truck are not easy to paint, and not durable.

But I tried this paint ( Fusion for Plastic® - | Krylon) on my fender flare on my chevy colorado and on my gmc sierra upper bumper and the paint hold until I sold the trucks ( 2 for the chevy and 1 for the gmc ) The paint look not shiny as the oem paint, but look really good. The paint is very durable and really easy to paint ( just clean and paint , no primer, no sand paper ) I planned to do the same thing on my upper bumper on my sxt this summer.

Before :
DSCN2705_zps84e70930.jpg

After:

DSCN2882_zpse649a015.jpg