Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dawny841

Dawny841

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My understanding is that the panel needs to be rusted through for them to do something about it. Also the hood is a common issue, water/salt gets trapped in the open undersides of the hood and sits and corrodes the aluminum hood from the inside. That causes the paint to bubble on the outside. Once it starts you can't get rid of it and it happened on my 14 express and my co workers 18 big horn. On my 18 laramie when I got it new I sprayed alot of fluid film in the holes pushing towards the front of the hood, coating the inside. This has kept my hood from bubbling since new and I got it in 2018. My 14 was bubbling before my lease was up at 39 months. I wonder if the car had been touched up outside of insurance and no history on the truck.
This might be possible as there is rust pitted on my hood and neath at the pinch welds. The quarter panel has wholes
Eating through the paint. Also rust coming through the hemi badge. As for the doors, all the inside seams where they sit sealed are peeling and chipping like its dulux paint. So this is to all be dealt with tomorrow but again I am not really feeling to comfortable about it but I do prefer new parts over rusting ones especially when ive only got 36,000kms and only had it for a year now going on the beginning of its second year. Regardless i think my only win is repair, inspect and then private sale or attemp a dealership if there is any chance at something decent being at some what of a loss going that route. I feel my warranty can even get cancelled if I cause to much headache (free work) as that brings in no profits which in turn is usually all most dealerships care about. Yet to find a good one where I live but still hoping for the best!

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP has a classic (4th gen), pretty sure only 5th gens have aluminum hood.
My 2010 had an aluminum hood, and I believe all 4th gens had.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 89230 miles.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woah, what did you do after all of this if you dont mind me asking cause I almost dont want it ripped apart lol I mean who wants something that once taken apart usually never goes back the same. The worst is I cant seem to even trade out of this where it makes sense as the high cost compared to vehicle costs today basically knocks me down quite a bit and still leaves me paying the same for example I can trade in the ram and still pay similar cost but end up in a car or midsize truck if the inventory allows it that is
Complained a few times, when they said they were going to fix the interior they screwed up I asked about the paint again and got nothing back until I contacted the dealer manager and said I was going to contact the right higher up name in the area at the time and let them know about it. Got a message back rather quickly saying to bring it in to fix it.

OP
OP
Dawny841

Dawny841

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Complained a few times, when they said they were going to fix the interior they screwed up I asked about the paint again and got nothing back until I contacted the dealer manager and said I was going to contact the right higher up name in the area at the time and let them know about it. Got a message back rather quickly saying to bring it in to fix it.
Yeah thats my current situation with the added comments from the dealer my truck has defective paint as there is sand in it cause all these issues? Now im at a huge loss and just want to trade out even if i lose out. Never heard such nonsense . Lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963