Mirror tilt in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bob sisic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi sport 4x4 crew cab
Has anyone programmed there Ram with alfa obd to have the side mirrors tilt down when you put your truck in reverse?

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My Chrysler Pacifica (SUV) had that feature, I really liked it, helped a lot when parking. Could see the curb or parking lot lines.

I added little concave mirrors to the lower outside corners of my mirrors. Stick on type. They do the job pretty well, and help with blind spots on the highway.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have it on my Laramie cant stand it it can mess you up when parking ,all you see is the ground and not the pole your going to back into. So I do not use it. Also its a waste of anyone's time to install them

Last edited:

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In order to program the tilting mirrors you have to have the memory seats and an a extra white(i think its white) wire going to the harness for your mirror. I do not have memory seats or the white wire and Mine do not tilt after enabling the feature with the alpha

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You don’t need to have memory seats, but you do need to have memory mirrors.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I installed full power mirrors (chrome cap "limited"), plus door modules and switch.. Programmed with alfaobd, and they work great (when paired with a back up camera). If you don't have a backup camera, I could understand how it wouldn't be a good feature.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I installed full power mirrors (chrome cap "limited"), plus door modules and switch.. Programmed with alfaobd, and they work great (when paired with a back up camera). If you don't have a backup camera, I could understand how it wouldn't be a good feature.

This is good news. What are the part#'s to the required door module/switch?

Been looking for tow mirrors that will do this

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done this on my 2015 1500.
I installed a set of mirrors off a 2013, which had power fold, and memory in them. With AlphaOBD I added the CSM (customer selectable menu option) in Alpha that puts a check box on the radio screen that let's me turn on and off the tilt-in-reverse for the mirrors. It's nice to have the ability to disable it at some times, and leave it on for others. Great feature when trying to park at a mall for example. Not so good when backing up in the middle of nowhere or when towing.

The mirrors themselves will have wiring that has two connectors: one black and one white. If the white connector has more than 4 wires in it then it has the memory function.

There are really only 2 different door modules for the driver and passenger doors. With power fold and without power fold. All the rest of the features exist in both modules (turn signals, puddle lights, memory etc). There is a thread in the 4th gen DIY section that lists the part numbers for the door modules, I can dig them up if you really need me to.

Which door modules you need depend on the year of your truck.

tcflint

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Looking to do a mirror update on my Warlock.
I have power folding mirrors now with pretty much everything else but the little spotter mirror. I would like to change out to get this feature.

Also did the 4th gen ever have blindspot detection?

TonysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys i have a 2019 ram classic, just wondering about the tilt mirror while in reverse, besides having to set it up thru alpha obd, do I need something in order for them to work.