Misfire code, O2 code, running really rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkerdean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all, I'm new to this thread and hopefully will be on soon

I have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with a gen 3 5.7 hemi, I picked it up about a year ago. I have two codes on the truck, a O2 sensor po157 code, I just replaced the O2 sensor and cleared the computer and it came back. The truck actually ran great until the code came back. The other code is a miss fire po300. The common thing I have found between the two is low fuel pressure can cause it. I just put new spark plugs and wires in it as well, all properly gapped and such. The truck stumbles, occasionally dies, if I let the truck Idle after a cold start it will actually backfire once or twice then it clears up as soon as I get it going. Any suggestions? It would greatly appreciated!

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was having very similar issues and it turned out to be weak valve springs,I did full tune up, Factory O2 sensors new Cat's cleaned TB check everything and in the end I replaced the Valve springs and all was good in the world. 03 and 04 had issues with them.