Moes Ported Throttle Body 4th Gen Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok guys just wanted to share my thoughts on it

:drool: this thing woke the truck up... i can really feel the difference, no keep in mind its not like a race car now but i can feel it getting through the rpms better and much smoother. i cuised at 65 on the way to get it and my evic read 20.1... same road coming back after i had my fun going to pick some stuff off at my house....my evic read 21.4... that is 34 mileds from my house to my dorm at 65 on the highway.... sooooo... ill give more feedback as i go but this is deff a must buy and a kick ass improvment over stock.. recommend it to anyone

ok now for matts review....awesome guy and helped me put it in in less than i would say 5 minutes... he knew what he was doing and explained to me the differences stock vs his vs the other ported tbs... he also showed me why a catch can is important and i must say i will have one before the year is over with lol

overall great experience and will be dealing with moes/matt again!!

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
you know it man:D lol he practically installed it for me:birgits_tiredcoffee haha really awesome guy though!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thanks Jeremy. Glad you were able to make it out here today. All the mods are going to start working together now, and its only going to get better with the tune. Your truck is looking good, and I'm excited to see it progress as you start digging deeper into the performance mods.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks man i really appreciate it!! got a lot to learn of how this stuff works before i can dig deeper... hopefull i will get to my goal of 400 rwhp without forced induction lol

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
both you guys need to get one, he is just a short drive away and it was fun trying it out lol

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I am planning to have enough of these in stock at the time of the beach GTG to have plenty for any local guys that would be interested in a throttle body. We can even install them right there on the sand.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
haha yeah thats deff possible lol... didnt realize it would be that easy... hardest part and by far the scariest was getting that sensor plug off lol.... i prob didnt do it by the book but oh well....everything worked out great:D

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
love it. :D

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Awesome review and this is on my list also.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks man and i suggest moving it up like i did, deff worth it and so happy i did it

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
this would go nice with my headers :********:

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want to do this myself. I know poor man's mechanics like changing oil. The most major work I've done is installing a water pump, and changing out a thermostat. As far as a throttle body what do you have to do to change it? I couldn't really find a video of changing one in a RAM. I saw one they changed that look almost identical on a Subaru V6. Do you have to drain coolant and unhook coolant lines and what not to change it?

I definitely want to get one of these within the next month or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope, take install off, hemi hat off, both sensors, 4 bolts and then reverse:D

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Like mentioned, the install is very easy...10 minute job at most.

The engine cover pops off, so just pull straight up from each side, and it will come right off.

Next, unplug the IAT sensor which is located in your intake tube at the front of the motor.

Then loosen the band clamp that attaches your intake tube to the TB, and then do the same for the clamp that connects the tube to the airbox. Once both clamps are loose, simply remove the tube from under the hood.

Now you are ready to unplug the connector at the front of the throttle body.

Finally, there are (4) 8mm bolts that secure the TB to the intake manifold. Remove these bolts and remove the old TB. Be careful not to drop anything into your motor once you remove the TB.

Now put your new ported TB in place, secure the 4 bolts (Be careful not to overtighten these). Plug the electrical connecter back into your new TB. Then re-install the intake tube and re-connect your IAT sensor. And finally, just snap the engine cover back into place. You are done.

Now that you are finished, take a look at all the oil and junk on the back of your stock throttle body. This is when you log onto the Moe's website and buy a Billet catch can :naughty:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Oh, and we now have 8 throttle bodies in stock and ready to ship!!