MOPAR extended warrantees????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clayvis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Ok, thanks for the information. I am still feeling out this truck, so once I reach a conclusion I will decide. I don't want a low quality extended warranty, but I have heard even the good ones have some wiggle room on price. We shall see.

BROWNMATHTEACHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Bighorn Lonestar
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
2019 Bighorn 5.7 with 11700 miles... today I just bought an 8 year/85000 mile/$100 deductible Mopar extended warranty from Zeigler for $1430. Best price I’ve found to date. Zeigler has a promo code, “payinfull” that knocks $365 off the price (it was $1700 and change originally.) I put around 10,000 miles per year so 8/85 made sense for me.

I too was wary about extended warranties but after I’ve seen all the electronics in these trucks plus the 4 issues I’ve had since new, it was a no brainer for me for that price. Equates to around $24/month for peace of mind for the next 7 years.

Keep in mind that the longer you wait and closer you get to your basic 3 year/36000 mile factory warranty, the higher the price for the extended warranty. I think it starts going uo after 12,000 miles... I’m glad I did it now.

Check out Zeigler, I think they have the lowest price.

chryslerfactoryplans.com

What was the deductible for the Ziegler warranty? I have 9,000 miles on my 2019 Bighorn with the 5.7 purchased new.

IMG_0438.JPG

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I'll be buying a warranty after the first of the year. First one in a looooong time. This is going to be the first truck that I expect to keep until I hit 75,000 miles or so. I'm at 29,000 something right now in just about 2 and a half years. It's been a great truck and there's nothing out there that makes me want to swap.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The advisabillity of the extended warranty depends on the vehicle. With a Toyota Tundra I would not bother. With a ecodiesel powered truck or one with eTorque added to the engine I would definitely get the extended warranty. With the air suspension I would definitely get the extended warranty.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2019 Bighorn 5.7 with 11700 miles... today I just bought an 8 year/85000 mile/$100 deductible Mopar extended warranty from Zeigler for $1430. Best price I’ve found to date. Zeigler has a promo code, “payinfull” that knocks $365 off the price (it was $1700 and change originally.) I put around 10,000 miles per year so 8/85 made sense for me.

I too was wary about extended warranties but after I’ve seen all the electronics in these trucks plus the 4 issues I’ve had since new, it was a no brainer for me for that price. Equates to around $24/month for peace of mind for the next 7 years.

Keep in mind that the longer you wait and closer you get to your basic 3 year/36000 mile factory warranty, the higher the price for the extended warranty. I think it starts going uo after 12,000 miles... I’m glad I did it now.

Check out Zeigler, I think they have the lowest price.

chryslerfactoryplans.com

What was the deductible for the Ziegler warranty? I have 9,000 miles on my 2019 Bighorn with the 5.7 purchased new.

View attachment 223401

I chose the $100 deductible. You can choose $0, $100 and $200. Obviously the $0 will be the most expensive ($2100ish) and $200 will be the cheapest ($1100ish.) Good luck.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Edit...

Ever since I posted this back in October, I’ve cancelled the warranty. Decided I did not want it in the end. Mainly due to the fact that I drive very low miles/year (7000-9000) so I would time out long before the mileage. Not worth it. Have better use for that money today. Good luck to all

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2018 RAM 2500 / Tradesman / 6.4L gas in July 2018. I now have 22,043 miles on it and these extended warrantees are looking good.

7 year / Unlimited Mileage with $100 deductible is offered direct from MOPAR for $2590

Seems like a no brainer when I look at all that is covered

What say the forum? Any real world experience with these warrantees?

Why wouldn't I but it?

Thanks!
Just got the same one for my 2020 for close to the same price. No brainer if you ask me....but then I drive 35-40k a year.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the lifetime powertrain warranty when I bought my 2014 in December 2014. I got free rentals every time my truck was under factory warranty. After the original warranty was over I’ve used it once. $100 deductible and work covered that was a 1/3 of the price of the warranty. Since I’ll be keeping the truck for a long time I’m sure it will be used a few more times and I’ll be getting my money’s worth out of it.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got the lifetime powertrain warranty when I bought my 2014 in December 2014. I got free rentals every time my truck was under factory warranty. After the original warranty was over I’ve used it once. $100 deductible and work covered that was a 1/3 of the price of the warranty. Since I’ll be keeping the truck for a long time I’m sure it will be used a few more times and I’ll be getting my money’s worth out of it.

LIFETIME warranty is definitely worth it and I’d be joining you in getting one. But they don’t offer it anymore.

However... an 8/85, no thanks.. in my experience stuff doesn’t even start breaking down until well past that point. At least on all my previous vehicles... And the warranty folks know it.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extended warranties wouldn’t exist if they were not money makers for the folks offering extended warranties. I never buy an extended warranty on anything, vehicles, homes, electronics, cell phones, lawn mowers, etc, etc. Then when and if something breaks, I have it fixed and pay for it with a very small amount of money I have saved by not buying extended warranties. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Extended warranties wouldn’t exist if they were not money makers for the folks offering extended warranties. I never buy an extended warranty on anything, vehicles, homes, electronics, cell phones, lawn mowers, etc, etc. Then when and if something breaks, I have it fixed and pay for it with a very small amount of money I have saved by not buying extended warranties. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
So you have absolutely no insurance policies at all? No home, auto, life, disability or health insurance at all? I trust your answer is “yes” as a “no” answer will conflict with your post. An extended warranty is nothing more than a voluntary insurance policy against a potential loss.

I’m not necessarily advocating for extended warranties but they can serve a purpose. It is a value proposition of the amount of risk an owner is willing to take for future repair costs versus paying someone else to assume that risk. The “insurer” isn’t doing it out of the goodness of his heart but for monetary compensation. Simply stating extended warranties are a “money maker” completely ignores the risk sharing and compensation for acceptance of that risk.

Last edited:

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
myself i have one 7/100000 zero deductible its not the power train im worried about its all the electronics that can and will cost a lot to replace, like headlights, tail lights ,radio ,ac,door locks power steps etc.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
This is always a touchy subject. Plenty of people of both sides of the fence with valid points and thoughts.

Nobody in the automotive business (manufacturers, suppliers, underwriters, etc.) is a non-profit. If you want to use the argument that Stellantis makes money on their ESPs then, by that logic, you shouldn't buy a vehicle since the dealership and the manufacturer make money.

Third parties rely on your money, the policy price, and there reluctance to pay out for them to turn a profit. Stellantis has the option to raise the price of the policies or raise the price of vehicles to maintain their profit margin for the ESPs. If they charge $2 more per vehicle who is going to care? Do you care if you are paying $3.25 or $3.29 per gallon (not $10)? Plus the Mopar ESP is linked directly to the dealerships. It shows up with your VIN to validate you have one and if it's covered you pay the deductible and if it's not covered you can decide to have the repair done or not (minus your deductible for diagnosis).

As mentioned it's a roll of the dice. Do you think that you're going to need a repair during that time frame that will pay for itself? You don't know and that's where they "prey" on that uncertainty.

There are plenty of comparisons and analogies I can make but there are a lot of things you have weigh for yourself to make the decision.

I cannot speak for anyone else's decisions so I will speak to mine:

I bought an ESP - Mopar Max Care 7 years | unlimited miles | $100 deductible

Reasons why I decided to buy the Max Care:

1. This is my first new vehicle and has a lot of expensive items that I just can't go to an auto parts store, use a few tools, bolt in the new part, and move on (my last vehicle was a 2003 Ford F-250 which was mostly mechanical and I was able to do all the work on it myself for the 11 years I owned it).

2. A lot of the electronics have to be set up to "talk" to each other which requires special software or the dealership to do. Throw in the PIN for the RF hub and I'm not going to deal with it.

3. I drive 20K - 30K miles a year. That's a lot miles for something to go wrong as I plan to keep my truck at least 10 years. My basic warranty ran out a couple of months ago at 36K and the truck is only 2 years old. The Max Care starts at original in-service date but I'll effectively get an extra year of a pseudo-basic warranty and probably an extra 2 years of powertrain warranty for only $100 per visit.

4. I could save $XX per month and put it in a "warranty" account and invest it in case I need it but I know that my spouse will find reasons for that not to happen. Getting the go-ahead to buy the ESP was an easy sell as anything that major breaks is $100 until 2026.

5. I bought the first year of a new fully re-designed generation. I know that it will have more issues than usual.

6. The only ESP I was going to get was the Mopar Max Care.

I had 9 visits during the basic warranty. I've already had 1 visit under the ESP and getting a new gas tank so it's already almost paid for itself and I've got 5 more years to go. I'm pretty sure I'll get my money's worth out of it, not just peace of mind.

Obviously everyone's situation is different so YMMV.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
myself i have one 7/100000 zero deductible its not the power train im worried about its all the electronics that can and will cost a lot to replace, like headlights, tail lights ,radio ,ac,door locks power steps etc.
Headlights is a grey area for the Max Care if you referring to the OEM LED headlights.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
From www.Chryslerfactoryplans.com:

Mopar will increase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans prices on May 1, 2021. BUY and SAVE today before your current quote expires on April 30.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
There's usually a spike each year.

If you don't buy before the prices jump then wait it out for a few months if you can before you buy. The prices will come back down but probably a bit higher than what they are now.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Headlights is a grey area for the Max Care if you referring to the OEM LED headlights.
already confirmed the plan i have covers the led system as its not a part its the whole assembly the only light not covered is the third brake light its a bulb.