Mopar lifetime warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roktuf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if the eTorque components are covered under lifetime? Battery? In other words, does the latest lifetime contracts cover the hybrid components in writing?

RamBlade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Afaik, the plan states you should go to the dealer that sold the warranty, but if not possible you can go to any RAM dealer for service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You can use it at any RAM dealer, you don't have to go any specific one.... I bought mine online.
He's not talking about using it at any dealer, he's talking about a FL law that considers extended warranties as insurance plans and therefore have to be quoted/sold at their MSRP value.
Interesting. We have used online dealers in the past for Ford vehicles with no issue(florida).
Not sure Ram has something different?
I live in FL also and have heard from multiple sources that any policy sold in FL has to be done at MSRP. Even Chrysler Warranty Direct quoted me within a few dollars of what the dealership where I bought my new Ram at did. The finance guy at the dealership said that it's a major insurance law violation in FL to sell any policy for less than face value.

I ended up getting a medium term Maxcare plan with a $100 disappearing deductible. That means that if I go to the dealership that I bought it from, there's no deductible. If I have to go to any other Ram dealership, the $100 deductible applies. The other nice reason why I went ahead and got the medium plan was that it got me on the books. By doing that, I have a window of time (I was told up to like 4 years, but I'm going to confirm that within the next 12 months) where I can upgrade to the Lifetime plan and any money that I have left from my original Maxcare purchase is applied to the upgrade. I want to eventually get the Lifetime plan as I plan to keep this truck for quite some time and know the all of the luxury niceties can be expensive to fix when they go out after the warranty. I just didn't feel like paying for it yet. And by getting a Maxcare plan at the purchase, the finance dude threw in a couple of other things that I wanted that saved me a fair amount of money, so it made sense to do something right away...

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if there is a grace period from date of purchase that you can still buy the MaxCare plan since I didn't but when I purchased my 2019 Limited?

IT use to be you could get the warranty for any FCA vehicle except high performance ones within the ~40k miles and 4 years if I remember correctly. I was told it cost more if you don't get it with a new purchase. So basically you could go to CarMax and buy a truck and if it was still under the 4 and 40k rule you could get a lifetime warranty.

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes there is a grace period. I can't recall exactly but can check later.

You can contact [email protected] as well. $200 deductible is $2,450 and $100 deductible is $2,750 for lifetime max care. Best price I could find anywhere. My own dealer quoted me $3,999 for $200 deductible lol.

This is legit. Shortly after I emailed the signed paperwork to them, it showed up in my FCA owner profile online.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I wish I had seen this link before I purchased my Mopar Maxcare warranty. I purchased
r the Lifetime $100 deductible for 2,940 online. Still a good deal, but not the like the one you found. Nice find! Oh, well... I'm so glad I purchased the warranty. This truck has so much technology. I have the 1500 Limited with everything except etorque. If the 12' screen needs replacement with labor could easily be the price of a warranty. Also, this warranty included a road protection if you have a failure in the middle of nowhere. They will pick up and toe to any dealer up to a 100 miles. Also, includes I believe 1,000 to 1,500 worth of lodging and food expenses and 29.95 per day in car rental the warranty will pay for up to 5 days.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I wish I had seen this link before I purchased my Mopar Maxcare warranty. I purchased
r the Lifetime $100 deductible for 2,940 online. Still a good deal, but not the like the one you found. Nice find! Oh, well... I'm so glad I purchased the warranty. This truck has so much technology. I have the 1500 Limited with everything except etorque. If the 12' screen needs replacement with labor could easily be the price of a warranty. Also, this warranty included a road protection if you have a failure in the middle of nowhere. They will pick up and toe to any dealer up to a 100 miles. Also, includes I believe 1,000 to 1,500 worth of lodging and food expenses and 29.95 per day in car rental the warranty will pay for up to 5 days.

You got a great price! I have long commutes so I will run out of the factory warranty pretty quick. Yes all the electronics and air ride suspension made it a no brainer to get the lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slatts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My insurance premiums and warranty costs have cost me much more than what I've been reimbursed via claims and repairs. So to me they've not been a good investment except for some piece of mind. Still I'd like to see some data on warranty costs and claims if anyone has a link or source. Thanks.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got maxcare lifetime with $100 deductable for 2750 from Zeiger. It lists higher but the code payinfull gives you a nice discount.

I've done well with warranties in the past on vehicles so I'm happy with it and the lifetime part is pretty hard to pass up. It's prorated if you sell the truck so thats a nice bonus. My thought is there's alot of electronics in newer vehicles and sometimes stuffs an easy fix but tucked away behind a few hours of work. A few claims will probably do it value wise. I do keep vehicles for a while though.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not to cause an issue but I think there's a 60 day refund. You could see if they price match 2750 or cancel and grab from one of the other places? It's not a ton of cash but $200 would get you mud mats and some gas.

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replying to #22, re: coverage of e-torque components. As I read the contract, it looks like you get Zero coverage for the e-torque system. The word e-torque is not found on the contract, so the closest thing you find is Hybrid system. Since the e-torque system is described as a mild hybrid, I looked at that language.

And contract states "THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER..."

1- High voltage battery (I presume this is the 48V Lion pack)
2-Repairs or replacements to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for details)

Anyone else know more?

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, if you look at the lifetime benefit section. I get confused on two areas.

#1 - Air Suspension: It is only mentioned in the Front Suspension part, but omitted in the Rear Suspension part. Does that mean the rear won't be covered?

#2 - Maximum Benefit Amount: This section is how much FCA will pay over the life of the contract. It puts a cap on the payments. This one is tricky. If you re-read the section, it can be interpreted a few different ways. Does the word TOTAL mean to include aggregate? If so, then after a few repairs, you could find out that the lifetime value is gone. Here is an illustrative example:

If the truck has been serviced under the lifetime extended warranty three times. One the fourth time, does the word “TOTAL” include the costs paid on the first three visits, or ONLY the costs that would be charged on that 4th visit. Is it a cumulative/aggregate calculation or is it new each time? Here is an illustration of what I mean:

* Year 4 Truck value = $25,000 / Repair cost = $15,000 - Result: Extended Warranty pays for covered repair, less applicable deductible

* Year 5 Truck Value – $10,000 / Repair cost – $5,000. – What is the result?

A) Pay for covered repair because at that point in time that specific repair is less than the value of the Truck?

OR?

B) Pay Truck value and terminate contract because cumulative repair cost (In this example year 4) now exceed current Truck value.

OR?

C) Another outcome

If you look up the definition of the word Total, you will find that Aggregate, full, comprehensive, are synonyms.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Also, if you look at the lifetime benefit section. I get confused on two areas.

#1 - Air Suspension: It is only mentioned in the Front Suspension part, but omitted in the Rear Suspension part. Does that mean the rear won't be covered?

#2 - Maximum Benefit Amount: This section is how much FCA will pay over the life of the contract. It puts a cap on the payments. This one is tricky. If you re-read the section, it can be interpreted a few different ways. Does the word TOTAL mean to include aggregate? If so, then after a few repairs, you could find out that the lifetime value is gone. Here is an illustrative example:

If the truck has been serviced under the lifetime extended warranty three times. One the fourth time, does the word “TOTAL” include the costs paid on the first three visits, or ONLY the costs that would be charged on that 4th visit. Is it a cumulative/aggregate calculation or is it new each time? Here is an illustration of what I mean:

* Year 4 Truck value = $25,000 / Repair cost = $15,000 - Result: Extended Warranty pays for covered repair, less applicable deductible

* Year 5 Truck Value – $10,000 / Repair cost – $5,000. – What is the result?

A) Pay for covered repair because at that point in time that specific repair is less than the value of the Truck?

OR?

B) Pay Truck value and terminate contract because cumulative repair cost (In this example year 4) now exceed current Truck value.

OR?

C) Another outcome

If you look up the definition of the word Total, you will find that Aggregate, full, comprehensive, are synonyms.
The coverage says "not limited to" so I would assume air ride is fully covered front and back since it is one system.

I understand the maximum benefit amount refers to individual claims (per visit) and not all claims in the aggregate.

I would guess "mild hybrid" means hybrid.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I have the same and my read is as Accountant understands the language. One other point on this, MOPAR will not deny or Hollywood two step a "reasonable claim under a covered repair" But,,it is important to read and understand that this an agreement, not a stated warranty. A couple of the people in our truck group have had Lifetime Warranty claims. High miles Transmission and differential failure. They say,,the claim approval process through the dealer was simpler and quicker than a warranty claim.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
MOPAR will not deny or Hollywood two step a "reasonable claim under a covered repair" They say,,the claim approval process through the dealer was simpler and quicker than a warranty claim.

I have first-hand experience with MaxCare on my 2013 1500. I have the lifetime with zero deductible. It is simply a no BS plan as Fitz noted.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found out about this and I am really pissed that my dealer didn't offer it to me when I bought my 2018. Instead he sold me an APEX plan which I found out is a third party plan. I have three dealers giving me quotes on the Mopar plan and I am going to drive to the dealer and cancel my other. APEX told me they would refund the cost against my principal. This is strike three for this dealer and once this is done they have lost my business for good.

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just to clarify, it appears that the e-torque system is not really covered by this extended warranty. Kind of disheartening to think about on a brand new system without knowing what the longevity of it will be.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope they add the coverage soon.. otherwise it just become riskier to get a RAM with etorque. I like the innovation but it would be great to wait and see how the long term usage is..

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Check out the posts on these two websites:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_ram.html

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/

Minor things like a leaking cab are not covered under warranty with either Ram or Ford pickups. Loss of use of the vehicle while waiting for parts (even with a weeks old new truck) is not covered under warranty. Dealers can and do claim "normal wear and tear" or abuse and then it is up to you to go to court and pay the attorney fees.

I remember the Chrysler K cars that were the first to have 80K to 100K warranties and it did the owners little good when they were making their upteenth trip to leave their vehicle at the dealer for repairs. Much the same with the Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV that looks great on paper and drives well but has the worst reliability of any SUV one can buy today.

Best solution is a leased vehicle so there is an end point when the vehicle can be dropped off at the dealer and it is no longer your concern.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out the posts on these two websites:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_ram.html

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/

Minor things like a leaking cab are not covered under warranty with either Ram or Ford pickups. Loss of use of the vehicle while waiting for parts (even with a weeks old new truck) is not covered under warranty. Dealers can and do claim "normal wear and tear" or abuse and then it is up to you to go to court and pay the attorney fees.

I remember the Chrysler K cars that were the first to have 80K to 100K warranties and it did the owners little good when they were making their upteenth trip to leave their vehicle at the dealer for repairs. Much the same with the Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV that looks great on paper and drives well but has the worst reliability of any SUV one can buy today.

Best solution is a leased vehicle so there is an end point when the vehicle can be dropped off at the dealer and it is no longer your concern.

My third brake light leaked a month after I got my truck. Dealer fixed under factory warranty without issue. If it ever leaks again during the extended, I will just point them at the fact it leaked within the first month of ownership, long before "wear and tear" were an issue. I do see how they can get out of it, though (since its related to metal and body work which is specifically NOT covered)

And leasing isn't the best option for a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Including "no longer your concern" but the dealer will find any which way to charge you for issues when you turn it back into them.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone has purchased a lifetime warranty from the website: Chryslerwarrantys.com? The website looks legit. The quote I received is the cheapest I have found online and from dealer. Looking for some reviews and/or suggestions about website....