Mopar lifetime warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What doesn’t it cover ? Sounds like it’s to good to be true ?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

It is pretty straight forward from what I have heard and covers the big things without too many loopholes. I am sure someone will have an exact list here.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
From what i can tell it covers everything except maintenance and typical wear and tear type items. I bought mine for $2,745 with $100 deductible from Clay Robbins at Robbins Motors who is great to work with. He is in Kansas. My original dealer is in CA lol. $200 deductible is $2,450. Lift is limited to 2" to keep warranty on suspension related items. Warranty ends when the cost of the repair is more than the market value of the truck. They cash you out at that point for value of truck.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I have the lifetime MaxCare $0 deductible on my 2013 RAM and the 8 year 120,000 mile $100 deductible on my 2015. It doesn't cover wear items like bulbs and wiper blades nor does it cover trim pieces. There isn't much in the way of fine print and everything else is covered, even items you wouldn't expect like struts.

I spoke with service advisers twice, from different dealerships, and they both told me the same thing, MaxCare covers it without hassles. If you chose a MaxCare plan that has a cash deductible, your deductible only applies once, for example, if you come in with three covered issues, you only pay the deductible once. If any of the issues require another service visit, you do not pay again.

There are small differences between coverage on my 2013 versus the 2015, one is they added FOB coverage on the 2015 coverage. Since there are small differences in coverages between model years, you should take a look at what is and isn't covered for your MY.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought it for my 2019 Limited because of the airbags, new 12" screen and auto running boards. there also lots of other technology items that could go wrong. Pretty much maintenance items, paint wear, trim wear are not covered.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what i can tell it covers everything except maintenance and typical wear and tear type items. I bought mine for $2,745 with $100 deductible from Clay Robbins at Robbins Motors who is great to work with. He is in Kansas. My original dealer is in CA lol. $200 deductible is $2,450. Lift is limited to 2" to keep warranty on suspension related items. Warranty ends when the cost of the repair is more than the market value of the truck. They cash you out at that point for value of truck.

Curious if you know if the lift is limited only to the Mopar lift or any lift/level under or at 2" is ok.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if you know if the lift is limited only to the Mopar lift or any lift/level under or at 2" is ok.

My contract states:

"THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:

Lift kits that exceed two (2) inches; repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of a lift kit
that exceeds two (2) inches;"

It doesnt state aftermarket or genuine Mopar in regards to the lift kit, but earlier in the contract it says:

"Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer,
including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered
part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or
drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) all frame or
suspension modifications;"

If it were me, I would have the Mopar lift kit installed by a dealer. Expensive as it is, it might be the best way to make sure it doesnt become an issue going forward.

Also, check your build sheet...if you have "raised ride height", you may only gain 1" of lift with the 2" kit (it seems that raised ride height is essentially a 1" lift from the factory).

OP
OP
M

mcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you I will be purchasing soon, Is there a dealer that sponsors on this site ?

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a sample warranty that you can read thru to see what all is covered. I found the best deal at Chrysler Warranty Direct.

Attachments

• $200 DED LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE - 2014 RAM 1500.pdf
    885.6 KB · Views: 28

Ramvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if there is a grace period from date of purchase that you can still buy the MaxCare plan since I didn't but when I purchased my 2019 Limited?

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Does anyone know if there is a grace period from date of purchase that you can still buy the MaxCare plan since I didn't but when I purchased my 2019 Limited?
Yes there is a grace period. I can't recall exactly but can check later.

You can contact [email protected] as well. $200 deductible is $2,450 and $100 deductible is $2,750 for lifetime max care. Best price I could find anywhere. My own dealer quoted me $3,999 for $200 deductible lol.

This is legit. Shortly after I emailed the signed paperwork to them, it showed up in my FCA owner profile online.

Last edited:

Ramvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does look like I have 12 months or 12K miles to do something. Unfortunately being in FL there is no ability to buy it discounted below full retail unless I provide an out of state address to register the plan in.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

New Vehicle Service Contracts can be purchased anytime within 4 years and 48,000 miles of the vehicle’s warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner). Surcharges may apply after 1 year or 12,000 miles

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does look like I have 12 months or 12K miles to do something. Unfortunately being in FL there is no ability to buy it discounted below full retail unless I provide an out of state address to register the plan in.
Afaik, the plan states you should go to the dealer that sold the warranty, but if not possible you can go to any RAM dealer for service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use it at any RAM dealer, you don't have to go any specific one.... I bought mine online.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Interesting. We have used online dealers in the past for Ford vehicles with no issue(florida).
Not sure Ram has something different?

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you do something before passing 48 months or eclipsing 48K miles you're still eligible for it. Supposedly you get a better deal if you purchase it before the end of the first 12 mos/12K miles.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is pretty straight forward from what I have heard and covers the big things without too many loopholes. I am sure someone will have an exact list here.
From my understanding it is basically an extension of the 3/36 "bumper to bumper" with a $100 deductible.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
You can also choose a $200 deductible. It is an extension of the factory warranty that covers all except wear items like wipers, brake pads, rotors, filters, cats are not covered. It is the Maximum Care and can be purchased with a time and mileage extension or Lifetime.