Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlwapw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel 6.7
I purchased the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan for my 2018 Ram 2500HD 6.7 cummins. It expires next month and I have 49000 miles on it now and they want $72 a month to continue it for three more years with a $500 deductible. I'm on a fence here because the truck has been awesome. I get it serviced as required and mainly use it to tow my boat and fifth wheel RV. Is it worth it or would I be better just putting that money in an account for repairs?
Thanks,
Michael

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If I knew the answer I wouldn't be here... I'd be in Vegas using my superhuman powers to make A LOT of money :) :)

The quick/simple answer to your question is to save your money. Warranties are a losing proposition for consumers. Of course, insurance of all kinds is too but we generally have that. It all depends on your risk tolerance and only you know what that is.

What I can tell you is I purchased a Lifetime Plan for $2200 back in 2014 when I bought my truck and I'm up to about $20K in repairs (engine, tranny, exhaust bolts, radio and likely a couple other things I can't think of).

$72/mo with $500 deductible does sound kind of steep and not any terms I've heard about with the FCA warranties. Is this from them or is it 3rd party? You might shop the FCA ones to see if/what's available for comparison.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Option B. Not sure what they include but save your money.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
make some phone calls, Mopar Extended Warranty

I think that you can get a 8 year plan for a good price, maybe close to $3,000, ( that is like the price of the dealership repairing a Water Pump & an Alternator )

There are a few other places that also have competitive pricing

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Try Ziegler ford/ Dodge they have best prices for extended warrantys .
That’s where I got mine, 8 years / 100,000 miles $1900 (ram classic 2022)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I purchased the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan for my 2018 Ram 2500HD 6.7 cummins. It expires next month and I have 49000 miles on it now and they want $72 a month to continue it for three more years with a $500 deductible. I'm on a fence here because the truck has been awesome. I get it serviced as required and mainly use it to tow my boat and fifth wheel RV. Is it worth it or would I be better just putting that money in an account for repairs?
Thanks,
Michael
I would look for aftermarket sellers of Chrysler warranties and see if they can sell\extend your warranty. I believe there is a company in the vendor section I wouldn’t bother with a non Chrysler warranty.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try Ziegler ford/ Dodge they have best prices for extended warrantys .
Petty sure Granger Motors, who is a Ram dealer, is still doing the $50 over their cost on Mopar extended warranties. They beat Ziegler's price by several hundred dollars back in October for me.

As to the OP's deal, his payments come out to about $2600 over 3 years. It's a gamble either way, but if the truck has been good to you up until this point, may be worth taking the risk and just putting that money in the bank.