Morimoto HID bulbs (knock-offs?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I just bought a set of Morimoto HID bulbs for my truck. I did not buy them direct from Morimoto. The bulbs I received are in a Morimoto box, but nothing else has any branding on it.
I have another morimoto HID bulb that I got used, and it has markings on it, and all of the rubber pieces are the orange color, which matches the website coloring.
The ones I received in the mail have a cheaper plastic base, and all of the rubber fittings are either black or grey, it just seems off to me. I'm wondering if was sent knock offs.

Has anyone ordered any Morimoto bulbs recently that could confirm?

This is the used Morimoto bulb that I have.
20210916_202209.jpg

This is what I got in the mail.
20210916_202217.jpg

Here is a side by side shot of the wiring on both of them.
20210916_202153.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Morimoto has had many different generations over the years all looking slightly different. Maybe thats an older generation bulb....however that doesn't look like a Morimoto bulb that I have ever seen.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I just bought a set of Morimoto HID bulbs for my truck. I did not buy them direct from Morimoto. The bulbs I received are in a Morimoto box, but nothing else has any branding on it.
I have another morimoto HID bulb that I got used, and it has markings on it, and all of the rubber pieces are the orange color, which matches the website coloring.
The ones I received in the mail have a cheaper plastic base, and all of the rubber fittings are either black or grey, it just seems off to me. I'm wondering if was sent knock offs.

Has anyone ordered any Morimoto bulbs recently that could confirm?

This is the used Morimoto bulb that I have.
View attachment 471119

This is what I got in the mail.
View attachment 471120

Here is a side by side shot of the wiring on both of them.
View attachment 471121

All of my morimoto bulbs look like your bulb with the yellow grommet. I have 4 vehicles using them. Love em.

OP
OP
JMod45

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I did a chat with Morimoto on their website, and the person said the place I ordered them from is a vendor of theirs. I'm running the bulbs for now, but still don't believe they are true Morimoto. If they go out, I'll pay the extra money and buy straight from Morimoto I guess.