Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I put mine in I set back and reserved judgment, the aim was obviously off so if wouldn't have been fair to call the light down the road bad at that point - it kinda was. Once I got them aimed I can confidently say the light output down the road is better than factory projector lights. I can't compare them to HID retrofited lights or the like cause I have no experience around those to compare. As long as the XB's hold up - quality stays, no issues, I really like the lights. Have got compliments from everyone that has talked to me about them, just waiting to see if any Ram owners out in the wild notice and come talk to me out and about. Cause they do set the trucks off both lights on or off, as all the pics now on here show.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Predator-r what’s your impression of the amount of light they give off? Satisfied?
The light output is a lot more even than the projectors. Drove back from PA. Ealier today and its definitely an eye tuner. Having had both these do a great job. Looking forward these would make a great headlight same as the projectors was to do similar upgrades. Hint hint Jeremy.........lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else have poor output from these? Wanting to see if I’m the only one. They seem to be similar output as factory reflectors. Was hoping for an upgrade in intensity. Just seems they are lacking in brightness. Drl’s light up the road though holy smokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way. The output is fantastic. You have to remember these are LED. HID will be your most intense option. But for LEDs this is right up there will LEDs from high end luxury cars. They blow away the factory LED headlights in my Sentra. And the beam is way wider than HIDs in the factory projectors on these trucks. And far brighter than halogen. 04e3d83a30a8dbe2c4699c37ff26d616.jpg6a089523d0b1f4f387ae93d7c171659f.jpg

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m gonna have to check how they are aimed and try it again. I thought they were ok but maybe they’re way off. Don’t have a nice flat area to check them

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone having issues with directionals on these coming loose? During testing it did some. Then after some messing seemed fine drove back to MA guess it came loose again. Its raining cats and dogs here so I'm not messing with them today.

What do you mean they were coming loose?

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
The clip for directionals was acting weird on one side. Its fine now.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The clip for directionals was acting weird. Its fine now.

Oh you mean to keep them solid or sequential?

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Oh you mean to keep them solid or sequential?

Yes it was just being stubborn. Now its crazy my fogs are upset cause there were being ignored.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it was just being stubborn. Now its crazy my fogs are upset cause there were being ignored.

Gotta get you some pods

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I also have to leave mine on sequentials so the guys with 19s say “wish mine did that” lol. I definitely notice a lot of ram owners doing a double take at my headlights

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I just might haha.

rellekt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-liter Cummins Turbodiesel
I finally have the Headlights, taillights, and fog lights installed. The tail lights were clearly the easiest as they were plug and play. The headlights were a breeze also. The lights look great but I have two issues that have to be fixed: 1) right headlight vertical adjustment does not work; and 2) the auto dim for bright lights does not work. The dealer checked the voltage and determined there was a + or - 3 ohm difference causing the malfunction. I trust that Morimoto will offer the solution and replace the right headlight; fortunately the beam is low and not high blinding oncoming drivers. The fog lights were the most trouble, but not difficult. I think I will use silicon to glue to the frame with a stainless steel zip tie to hold in place. However, I have seen where someone mounted the resistor to the fog light mounting bracket. My only thought is that the heat could transfer to the plastic pieces and potentially melt them. But I like that idea and will have to explore a little more. Even with the two issues, I believe these upgrades really make the truck stand out. I purchased mine through Lightwertz, who is an authorized dealer for The Retrofit Store. BTW, Lightwertz did have a 15% off new customer buys, so got the whole set-up for about $1750.

Update: Morimoto is sending me a replacement headlight for the right side that would not vertically adjust. I reinstalled the OEM lights and auto dim for bright lights worked, so that issue is something with the XBs. Once I get the new headlight installed, maybe that will fix that issue. I did try the fogs without resistors and they did work, so I will bank those for later use.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Drove it tonight just to get some night driving and I'm really liking how the light output is directed. Here they are just fogs and Drl's all lit up.48f445b88fe48711eca1c7bb8d365e79.jpg

Last edited:

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
These are hard to shoot straight on very bright output.

Last edited:

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was one of the earlier buyers if these and I have had them for a couple months now. Right out of the gate, they fit perfect and the output is perfect. I did not have any aiming issues with them either. My problem is that they shut off. The DRL/park lights work without any issues. But the headlights will randomly turn off for about 30 seconds, then turn back on. They will continue to do this a few times until the headlights shut off completely. It is the same issue I have had with HID installs and everything else. This CANBUS system is absolute garbage and makes question Ram's quality overall. I have been fighting headlight issues pretty much since I bought the truck. I have a 2015 truck with original projectors.

I've been in contact with Jeremy at retroshop and we've explored some options. Morimoto sent me hyperflash modules and resistors. Still did not help. So I've passed this along to Jeremy and hopefully we will still be able to figure something out.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was one of the earlier buyers if these and I have had them for a couple months now. Right out of the gate, they fit perfect and the output is perfect. I did not have any aiming issues with them either. My problem is that they shut off. The DRL/park lights work without any issues. But the headlights will randomly turn off for about 30 seconds, then turn back on. They will continue to do this a few times until the headlights shut off completely. It is the same issue I have had with HID installs and everything else. This CANBUS system is absolute garbage and makes question Ram's quality overall. I have been fighting headlight issues pretty much since I bought the truck. I have a 2015 truck with original projectors.

I've been in contact with Jeremy at retroshop and we've explored some options. Morimoto sent me hyperflash modules and resistors. Still did not help. So I've passed this along to Jeremy and hopefully we will still be able to figure something out.

2015 seems to be the only year with issues anymore. I’d try going straight to the source and get in touch with Matt at TRS

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So my headlights were aimed like 95% I adjusted them the tiniest bit but for some reason I’m still not impressed by the output. Seems like they should be more intense. This is low beam and high beam I turned the passenger side up a hair 540fb2247f07e2d702c0bbe325755796.jpgf968c6003f98b39782c7913b3cfe40b0.jpg