Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I leave for NC on Sat so not sure if they will be installed before that but I'm gonna try for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TRS Matt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Good question/point here guys. The "limit to 3 complete turns" suggestion pertains to the gear itself, not the screw driver.

When you turn the screw driver once (inserted from the top) it only rotates the gear about 1/8, so you can turn the screw driver safely ~30 times before you may start stressing the aiming mechanism.

Bottom line: You should just turn it as needed until the lights are aimed properly. With a relatively stock truck (not slammed and/or jacked to the sky) you should be able to fine tune the aiming properly with the amount of adjustment built in, and without any stress to the gears inside.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
May take this on vacation in case I have a rain day. Never know lol.c04dc4f08639dd8fff29c4798a10d3a4.jpg

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May take this on vacation in case I have a rain day. Never know lol.c04dc4f08639dd8fff29c4798a10d3a4.jpg

Just put them in now it’ll take you 10-15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
It raining no garage......lol.

rellekt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-liter Cummins Turbodiesel
I finally have the Headlights, taillights, and fog lights installed. The tail lights were clearly the easiest as they were plug and play. The headlights were a breeze also. The lights look great but I have two issues that have to be fixed: 1) right headlight vertical adjustment does not work; and 2) the auto dim for bright lights does not work. The dealer checked the voltage and determined there was a + or - 3 ohm difference causing the malfunction. I trust that Morimoto will offer the solution and replace the right headlight; fortunately the beam is low and not high blinding oncoming drivers. The fog lights were the most trouble, but not difficult. I think I will use silicon to glue to the frame with a stainless steel zip tie to hold in place. However, I have seen where someone mounted the resistor to the fog light mounting bracket. My only thought is that the heat could transfer to the plastic pieces and potentially melt them. But I like that idea and will have to explore a little more. Even with the two issues, I believe these upgrades really make the truck stand out. I purchased mine through Lightwertz, who is an authorized dealer for The Retrofit Store. BTW, Lightwertz did have a 15% off new customer buys, so got the whole set-up for about $1750.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally have the Headlights, taillights, and fog lights installed. The tail lights were clearly the easiest as they were plug and play. The headlights were a breeze also. The lights look great but I have two issues that have to be fixed: 1) right headlight vertical adjustment does not work; and 2) the auto dim for bright lights does not work. The dealer checked the voltage and determined there was a + or - 3 ohm difference causing the malfunction. I trust that Morimoto will offer the solution and replace the right headlight; fortunately the beam is low and not high blinding oncoming drivers. The fog lights were the most trouble, but not difficult. I think I will use silicon to glue to the frame with a stainless steel zip tie to hold in place. However, I have seen where someone mounted the resistor to the fog light mounting bracket. My only thought is that the heat could transfer to the plastic pieces and potentially melt them. But I like that idea and will have to explore a little more. Even with the two issues, I believe these upgrades really make the truck stand out. I purchased mine through Lightwertz, who is an authorized dealer for The Retrofit Store. BTW, Lightwertz did have a 15% off new customer buys, so got the whole set-up for about $1750.

Try the fogs without the resistors, some here claim they work fine even on 2015 +

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Finally got my lights installed. For anyone with an 09-12, you will need a different fuse tap as they send one for micro fuses and not mini. d1fcd081caff69edc75c20b3545b0054.jpgThat’s the only thing I had to change to make them work but everything functions properly and oh man do they look good. And the drl’s are no joke. They are insanely bright. Haven’t driven at night yet to see how the output is but so far I am very happy with how they look 778ba21195935884bb4ee53332abe24c.jpg9394d945c76f0e4c84be40ae3dfe1714.jpg

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Anyone having issues with directionals on these coming loose? During testing it did some. Then after some messing seemed fine drove back to MA guess it came loose again. Its raining cats and dogs here so I'm not messing with them today.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone else have poor output from these? Wanting to see if I’m the only one. They seem to be similar output as factory reflectors. Was hoping for an upgrade in intensity. Just seems they are lacking in brightness. Drl’s light up the road though holy smokes

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Ok rain held up enough for me to fix lights. Stupid fogs are messing with me now......lol.893ac52e70ee5e67ad47c2e2dfb9e5a0.jpg