Morning issue with New Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to park in McDonald and trucks transmission locked up, key would not shut off and said service transmission!! Only have 1700 miles on it. when after about 5minutes it unlocked but service light is on, So I'll be at dealership in morning. This should be interesting......

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Went to park in McDonald and trucks transmission locked up, key would not shut off and said service transmission!! Only have 1700 miles on it. when after about 5minutes it unlocked but service light is on, So I'll be at dealership in morning. This should be interesting......

I would be mourning with a brand new truck with that problem.

OP
OP
RamHondo

RamHondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shhhhh! It drives. I think its a software clich. With my luck tranny needs to be replaced!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be mourning with a brand new truck with that problem.

I just got done having a similar problem.

Hondo, did you have any other service lights or messages light up? Did it recently rain like no tomorrow where you live?

OP
OP
RamHondo

RamHondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SERVICE TRANNY ENGAGE PARKING BRAKE, HAD 2 INCHS OF SNOW THIS MORNING MIXED WITH RAIN....

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, those are some slightly different circumstances than what I experienced. I had some major rain lead to my problem (got a Service Shifter message). Dealer found a Radio Frequency Hub Module that was wet & failed. Not saying the same thing could be to blame, but the location on the rear cab wall, the known problem with leaky 3rd brake lights on some trucks & the amount of systems the RFHM controls makes some crazy warnings appear. That's why I was asking if you had any more error messages show up. Only getting a service transmission message might be something specific to the transmission or its controller.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like the dealer should get a look at it. Tell them every light, message, & non-working function you can think of. Sometimes the more problems you see, it narrows down the possible bad part faster.

OP
OP
RamHondo

RamHondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They found snow and slush packed near parking park which engaged moved park forward.
So I guess no driving in snow slush?

OP
OP
RamHondo

RamHondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer found snow slush packed up under parking brake which moved it forward which issues service transmission....

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or just try to kick the electric module that activates the parking brake to get the snow pack loose. :rofl: On second thought, don't kick anything electronic on these trucks. I wouldn't want to know how fragile those parts are.