Motor Replacement...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otown78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need some guidence.. Need to replace my motor in my 2012 Ram 5.7
Would like to beef up the motor a little.
Stage 1 Cam, Port and Polish the heads. Let the Hemi Breathe...

Does anyone know of anyone in the Orlando/Central Florida Area that has experience build them..
I have found a short block online cam not included flat top pistons.

Fully rebuilt long blocks, Stock

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Need some guidence.. Need to replace my motor in my 2012 Ram 5.7
Would like to beef up the motor a little.
Stage 1 Cam, Port and Polish the heads. Let the Hemi Breathe...

Does anyone know of anyone in the Orlando/Central Florida Area that has experience build them..
I have found a short block online cam not included flat top pistons.

Fully rebuilt long blocks, Stock

Any advice would be appreciated.
MMX will build them to whatever you want. This one you can choose your cam with-in reason,and they'll install the cam before shipping the engine. Arrington is another outfit to check out for a ready to go engine.
If you want more power why not look into putting a 6.4 in it.
But be forewarned your transmission is going to become a weak link when you add more power under the hood

OP
OP
O

Otown78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a new short block, Now i need to make the decision on the cam. Stage 1 or 2 ? I know on the stage 2 I cant use stock springs on the heads other than that are there any disadvantages?

Jared Worley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly the stock heads flow pretty well. A little polishing of ports might make you feel productive. Stage 1 with headers, exhaust and good tune is going to get you plenty of smiles. Taller gears might be something else to consider. More power and trans becomes a weak point.

OP
OP
O

Otown78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the info, what do you suggest for headers BBK, JBA or Flowtech?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Appreciate the info, what do you suggest for headers BBK, JBA or Flowtech?
Give up on shorties,if you're going to headers do it right and spring for a decent set of long tubes. Long tubes create bottom end torque,which is what you want in a 5,000+ lb truck.A small cam from one of the hemi cam outfits like FRP (Flying Ryan Performance) Matt at Moes or Jay Green, a 6.4 intake manifold and a set of long tubes with a decent tune will make a good truck combo.Your best bet is to get advice from one of the outfits that specialize in Hemi cams,pick one of them,give them all your specs,and what you want to do with the truck,and go with their suggestions,as they know their cams better then the guys on here do. Your transmission will be your next weak link,so after you do the engine,start saving up to do the 8 speed swap

Last edited: