Motorcycle Loader / Hauling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Just purchased a 24 Laramie 3500 Long Bed so I can haul my BMW 1250GS (600 lbs) and tow our TT. We are not looking to upgrade the TT to a toy hauler so I am searching for a motorcycle loader. Found one made by Neo-Dyne (https://ultimatepowerramp.com/) but all in I am looking at about $4600. How are others loading/hauling motorcycles in the bed? Thank you and Happy New Year!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Rampage ramp. There are lots of other choices, many wider and couple narrower.
There are no inexpensive power options that I know of. Only way to save money is to get a ride up Ramp

1704042046062.jpeg

Cruiser Ramp

Cruiser_Ramp_customer_5_1000x.jpg

1704042260226.jpeg

zrock

Reaction score
i have seen several variations of this system and by far anyone of these is much better than trying to ride or load via a ramp. Only thing that i wondered about it looks like the system is held on by 2 straps? To me $4600 is cheap compared to dropping your bike off the tailgate. One thing to make sure of is you can close your tailgate when the bike is in their..

THe one you posted by design seems to be the best one i have seen..

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just purchased a 24 Laramie 3500 Long Bed so I can haul my BMW 1250GS (600 lbs) and tow our TT. We are not looking to upgrade the TT to a toy hauler so I am searching for a motorcycle loader. Found one made by Neo-Dyne (https://ultimatepowerramp.com/) but all in I am looking at about $4600. How are others loading/hauling motorcycles in the bed? Thank you and Happy New Year!

I understand not wanting to change trailers, BUT it might be easier for you in the long run. You got yourself a 3500, I presume SRW, you can handle many of the toy haulers on the market. If you go with a fifth wheel variant, it will also tow better than your current TT, while also keeping your bike clean because it's enclosed.

Again, entirely up to you, but there are many good reasons to upgrade trailers.

OP
OP
JHC1

JHC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Agree with the toy hauler but holding off for now. Thanks.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I looked at this for something else, not sure if there is something out there with a higher lift and longer boom.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have done RVs (fifth wheels) for years. Have looked at the toy haulers so many times, but they are so ugly inside, and are very heavy. Just cant talk myself into one, even though I have a lot of toys. Fifth wheels set up a lot higher too than, so the ramps are pretty steep.

OP
OP
JHC1

JHC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Agree with you Steven. I would like a toy hauler but they are not very "*****" inside, at least in the garage. The Neo-Dyne ramp I purchased should work well in my 8' bed with the tailgate closed. With the 22mle in tow, should make for a great spring/summer out west....

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have done RVs (fifth wheels) for years. Have looked at the toy haulers so many times, but they are so ugly inside, and are very heavy. Just cant talk myself into one, even though I have a lot of toys. Fifth wheels set up a lot higher too than, so the ramps are pretty steep.
If you don't mind me asking, what brands have you looked at for fifth wheel toy haulers? I had a Cyclone that was gorgeous in the living quarters, and my in-laws had a Spartan that was arguably nicer (it was also newer so that likely had a lot to do with it). I have looked at the newer Cyclones and they're even nicer.

I'll grant that the garages aren't typically all that nice inside, but they're intended to be a garage - utilitarian at best I'd say.

As it usually is in the RV industry, the more 'niceties' and finishes you want, the more you are going to have to pay.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have looked them all, and still do look when I can. I do like to look at the new floor plans and all. We have had heartland fifth wheels our entire career, so I am very familiar with the cyclone brand. Yes if you get a 44 foot long monster, that has a GVRW of 20K it has separate living area from the garage. Those days are over for us. Downsized last year to a 2500 truck, and a 33ft fiver. They are neat, for some people..... just not my cup of tea after having luxury versions.