5th gen 1500 after market coil springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesmil798

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to see who has put heavy duty springs such as the Dayton 350-894XHD 70% increased on the newer 5th gen rams. Or if someone has any experience with these springs vs airbags. Kinda disappointed with the sag and stability of the truck with any kind of lid in bed. Trucks a 2019 1500 quad cab 6’4” stock besides bilstien 5100 and 285/60r20 nitto ridge grapplers LT. With 2 dirt bikes in the bed (465lbs) or my small quad (500lbs) truck squats almost 2 inches! That’s just me and 2 dirt bikes. No passengers and just gear. Expansion joints on bridges at highway speeds 55-65 are scary! Just bought a small toy hauler with a hitch weight of around 600 dry and will be around 700 loaded as per specs. I’m afraid even with a good WDH properly adjust is not going ti be very enjoyable to to toe with. Any recommendations how I can hopefully bulk up the rear suspension on this truck. By no means am I trying to increase my GVWR but just ti get the truck to handle the weight a little better. Planning on going back to a 3/4 ton but have some ducks to get in a row before I make that jump so I’d like to get through this summer with the truck enjoyably

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jesmil798

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up going with the airlift 5000 kit. Picked up the trailer. Was happily surprised with about 650-700lbs tongue weight no weight distribution and no air in bags the truck sagged around 3”. Once the hitch and WDH was properly set no air in bags yet truck was only sagging around 1.5”. Honestly probably didn’t need the air bags in general. With 15lbs of air it does stiffness it up a little bit and takes the bounce out of good bumps but all around very pleased

zeb handeland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the AirLift coil bags in my 4th gen, and it was amazing. In my 5th Gen I used Timbren jounce stops. However, I have a cracked frame now, not sure how that came about, but I have a thread I just posted with photos for reference. I am having a dual rate icon 1.5in lifted coil while the frame swap is in progress.

zrock

Reaction score
air bags is the way to go then you can adjust accordingly. With lift changing coils you are always going to get some sag especially after they settle in..

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Airlift 5000 kit, the 1000s are hot garbage