Motorcycle thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My latest bored at work thrad.

ktm-duke-390-white.jpg
KTM Duke 390 looks pretty groovy.

2000000018.jpg
I like this Ducati XDiavel S

6000000001.jpg
Kawasaki Vulcan S

19-softail-fat-bob-114-hdi-hero.jpg
Harley Fat Blob

2000000007.jpg

Indian Scout Bobber

Anyone ride? I was learning when I was 14, but my brother wrecked and Mom didn't want me on one so I never learned. Now I wast to take a class and get a starter bike.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I rode since I was 18, stationed in Hawaii, back in '77, always had a bike at any of my duty stations, and even after I was discharged. Sold off my bikes ( mostly Harleys, and a couple Triumph choppers), when I left California in 1988. Moved back to Illinois to get married and settle down, but in 2004 picked up a brand new Sporty, rode it until I broke my foot in 2008. After it healed, I traded the Sporty straight across for a Suzuki 800 trike conversion. Lost my nerve 2 years ago, mainly because idiots don't know how to put down their phones and pay attention to the road, and I was losing too many of my friends to these same idiots, and didn't want to become a casualty myself. Still have my license though, and eventually may pick up a dirt bike, just for the in-the-wind feeling.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a diavel and a 2019 fat bob.

The stock fat bob exhaust design was stolen from ducati..... [emoji3]

I bought the fat bob 114 as I am getting older and need to slow down. I was going to sell the diavel but my girlfriend likes riding it. I run the 100hp map for her.

I also have a turbo triumph Thunderbird, turbo Suzuki gsxr 1000, Suzuki b-king, Suzuki gt750 (buffalo), Suzuki t500, 1971 BMW r750 with turbo kit and 1000cc kit etc.

I have never been a big Harley fan, but like the fat bob as it's not a traditional design, more of a street fighter look and it has upside down forks etc.

I have fitted a zippers cam etc and ohlins front and rear suspension...

My advice is get a bike, learn to ride properly and watch what the idiots around you are doing at all times..... [emoji3]3545f5d271768222e655d0a3a89d124a.jpgdd968a1f95a2e51845b84ce66d240ec2.jpg256d50ff079c1966cdf64101d46f7a5f.jpg3be020c6bcb5c077593cc6768b1d9dda.jpg9a37f9a4a4527ff37e66e7893b5544d7.jpga3cd47f54a6d0d81b518669540178d92.jpg913a429490540a27b5882d2d4abdcd9e.jpg517ea831d026d89d3601a57937921293.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Yep, with the kids and the amount of close calls from other people it’s getting sold. Only 200 total miles since rebuild.

Having to throw full gear on to cruise during a nice day isn’t fun IMO.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
9DFF316D-1F70-4F15-B2CB-1A85DF336834.jpeg M7A764E2D-B285-498C-8F6A-DF73EB0459F6.jpeg My 18 road glide. Road my first Harley in 1979 and fell in love with the feeling. Over the decades I have owned 8 different bikes.

Yes it is dangerous with all of the AH out there behind the wheels 6000 lb weapons playing on their phone, feeding the children etc, etc. I still will ride as long as I can.

54DB20FB-FEA7-4217-8EED-9B89551C2D2A.jpeg

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was riding for years with a break in the middle for kids and moving with the AF. But since '02 I've had a bike, at least until now. The wife is partially disabled and didn't feel comfortable climbing on the bike anymore. So we're trying a Spyder Touring.

I spent my early riding years living in Daytona so Bike Week was a yearly event. They didn't mind us "kids" on our *** bikes. Guess they figured we'd graduate up eventually. Never did, always owned Japanese - mostly Hondas and Kawasakis. And now a Canadian. Unless you're one of those that thinks the Spyder isn't a bike.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been in and out of bikes for years. Most recently my dream bike. A 2016 Victory Magnum. Loved that bike but wasn't getting enough miles in on it as I had planned and wasn't paying it off as fast as I planned. then a series of events happened. A bank investment manager at my branch was looking for a Vic Magnum last December to do the Route 66 ride. He had 6 bikes already but not a bagger. go figure. I wasn't in the market to sell but I said we should discuss after xmas to see if there was a deal to be made (my thinking I should maybe just buy a cheaper lighter bike. I'm not getting any younger and getting an arthritic knee it turns out). My thinking was also still very uncertain if I wanted to sell. I finally figured if he gave me 1K more than it was worth I would. then the decision was forced when my 2003 tacoma all of a sudden was about to become a money pit with 3 times the $ it was worth needed to be put into it on a variety of things. So I sold it, the bike and bought the Ram. Good 4 wheels needed worse than 2 wheels! I hope to have a bike again but maybe something smaller to just tool around on the weekends. I think my dreams of taking a big long road trip every year just aren't going to happen for a variety of reasons so not buying another 25K plus bike thats for sure.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
I have rarely been without a motorcycle since I was 15, so I've been riding for 40 years. Had probably ten or so different ones over the years. I have done more customizing/personalizing on the Street Glide than all of the others combined. It will be my last bike before I eventually have to move to a trike.

The idiotic drivers out there are the reason I installed an airhorn on my scoot. Gets their attention real quick.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I took my lessons in 89 it was with 2 off duty motorbike highway patrol types. the head instructor said the first thing I'm going to tell you is there is so much hatred for motorbikes thanks to crotch rockets that there are drivers out there who would just as soon bump you off into a ditch. Dramatic? Maybe, but it stuck with me. Many people are certainly blind to motorbikes. As for the crotch rockets....we don't have lane splitting in Alberta. Even as a motorcyclist it annoys me to to see anyone on a bike in this province doing a lane split. I would have no mercy for them if they were hit. We just aren't used to seeing it here so I would blame a cager if they unintentionally hit them.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always been into dirt bikes myself, mainly the older ones 76-84ish. I did buy a KLX to ride around but I sold it.

Here's my KLX, a 1979 Suzuki RM400 I was in the process of restoring and a 1978 Yamaha YZ125

image003.jpg

image002.jpg

102_0737.jpg

102_0731.jpg

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Everytime I see a thread like this i weep a little.

I love bikes. It was bread into me through my father. He taught me to ride at 12 years old.... on a camping trip.... in a field.... on a Suzuki gsxr750.. lol.

The day we returned from a vacation to England I wanted to go ride my triumph Daytona 675.. some ******* blasted through a stop sign, and I had no time to react. Fractured base of my skull, C1, C2, and C3 vertebrae. Broke 4 ribs, punctured left lung, and a massive edema in my hip/left leg (which is STILL there).

Worst part. It was a ram 1500.......

My wife won't let me get another bike now. I have to sneak out to my parents house, and steal my dads triumph Bonneville America. Just so I can gather. And relax myself. (He also has a triumph rocket 3)[emoji2957]

I love riding.. it is/was my biggest stress relief. But man do I constantly crave it now. I feel miserable without one. But can understand where my wife comes from.

At 29 years old, I'm blind in one eye, deaf in 1 ear. Have TONS of pain problems, and limited mobility from that accident... I think she figures this body wont take much more lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R

Rogues Gambit

Wish I knew how to ride, family has no luck (cousin crippled since '99) and don't have it in my budget to get lessons atm

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Everytime I see a thread like this i weep a little.

I love bikes. It was bread into me through my father. He taught me to ride at 12 years old.... on a camping trip.... in a field.... on a Suzuki gsxr750.. lol.

The day we returned from a vacation to England I wanted to go ride my triumph Daytona 675.. some ******* blasted through a stop sign, and I had no time to react. Fractured base of my skull, C1, C2, and C3 vertebrae. Broke 4 ribs, punctured left lung, and a massive edema in my hip/left leg (which is STILL there).

Worst part. It was a ram 1500.......

My wife won't let me get another bike now. I have to sneak out to my parents house, and steal my dads triumph Bonneville America. Just so I can gather. And relax myself. (He also has a triumph rocket 3)
emoji2957.png

I love riding.. it is/was my biggest stress relief. But man do I constantly crave it now. I feel miserable without one. But can understand where my wife comes from.

At 29 years old, I'm blind in one eye, deaf in 1 ear. Have TONS of pain problems, and limited mobility from that accident... I think she figures this body wont take much more lol

Geezus. Sorry you've been through all that man. I love riding, but I've lost enough friends who were as good or better riders than I to know that it's the nature of the beast and every ride I take I know I may not come back. I came a hair away from hitting a ditch hard 3 years back during a group ride with a mix of newbies and vets about 10 riders back from the front. Got mesmerized going into a turn too fast and my rear end was squirming all over in the dirt at 70mph. One guy behind me was an EMT Supervisor. He was sure I was done for. Didn't even drop it. Just lucky that day. I have a friend who 2 years ago got into a bad accident after his ass end started oscillating like crazy and then the front end broke and that was it. He got busted up like Evil Knievel. 2 years later he's still asking oher riders what happened. Investigators can't explain it. I've told him more than once, sometimes **** just happens. I often ask myself if I would stop riding if I got in a bad accident. I don't know. I didn't quit driving after a black ice accident that was worst of my life.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Geezus. Sorry you've been through all that man. I love riding, but I've lost enough friends who were as good or better riders than I to know that it's the nature of the beast and every ride I take I know I may not come back. I came a hair away from hitting a ditch hard 3 years back during a group ride with a mix of newbies and vets about 10 riders back from the front. Got mesmerized going into a turn too fast and my rear end was squirming all over in the dirt at 70mph. One guy behind me was an EMT Supervisor. He was sure I was done for. Didn't even drop it. Just lucky that day. I have a friend who 2 years ago got into a bad accident after his ass end started oscillating like crazy and then the front end broke and that was it. He got busted up like Evil Knievel. 2 years later he's still asking oher riders what happened. Investigators can't explain it. I've told him more than once, sometimes **** just happens. I often ask myself if I would stop riding if I got in a bad accident. I don't know. I didn't quit driving after a black ice accident that was worst of my life.

Glad you have been lucky so far, and hope your luck continues!

For me. Like I said above. It really is a stress reliever. What is better than going on a solo ride. Up some beautiful, twisty, scenic roads. Only to stop at the top, get off the bike, and just stare off... to me, that's why I cant stop. And I think a lot of other people too.

My main issues with riding is simply distracted drivers. In just the past 5 years, it is tremendous the amount of people you see just not looking at the road.

Here in Texas. We have just now banned texting and driving. But it literally only pertains to texting. So if you are "just pulling up pandora" on your phone while driving, that's ok?

Why on earth do people constantly need to be in their phones, especially in the day and age when bluetooth is basically standard....

I'm sorry for the long rant. But the results from someone taking just 3 seconds to look at their phone can literally be fatal. But where are the repercussions? Who takes accountability?.. no one.

I've hear people say. "But if a driver kills a biker. They have to live with that for the rest if their life"... but in reality, they dont know you, your family, children.. who are you to them? Nobody. Which is exactly why they will forget all about you in the coming week...

The guy that hit me actually got cited from HPD. I was asked to go to court as a witness. (Not that I could remember anything). When I finally saw the guy that hit me. We made eye contact.. he looked at me like I was the devil, like all the inconvenience he was suffering was my fault..

Only reason I had to go to court in the first place because he was fighting the charges!!!! So they wanted a witness..

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Motorcyclist offers apology and restitution to members of DUMB

An apology is in order, so, please, forgive me. It was not until this morning on my ride to work that I fully understood I was in error.
Yes, I've noticed that there are many very busy and important people on the roads. You all are hard to miss with the cell phones, laptops, breakfast bars, coffee, cigarettes and all, but until now, I didn't realize I was causing so much trouble for you busy, multitasking drivers.

I figured it out this morning, thanks to the nice lady working on the laptop who needed the lane I was in.

First, ma'am, let me say that when I honked at you from the shoulder, I didn't mean to startle you. My intent was just to give you a little beep to let you know the lane was all yours. But I was braking so hard, I couldn't lift my thumb off the horn button. My bad.

I surely didn't mean to cause you to nearly hit the guy talking on the cell phone. You know, he was smoking and talking as he moved his SUV right into the space you had just left.

Anyway, the good news is, that's when I realized all of you multitasking drivers must be texting each other about intended lane changes and running traffic lights and stop signs and such. I'm sorry - I'm still using old-fashioned blinkers. I didn't realize you needed some time to e-notify that guy that you needed the lane back. I really messed it up for both of you!
I can only say that the guard rail was a little distracting, and I was only thinking about myself.

I'll try harder next time.

Like I said, I didn't know that was how you multitasking drivers were communicating. It must have been in an e-mail, but my laptop fell off my tank and I haven't replaced it.

However, I have a solution.

I know many of you are so busy and important that you have no choice - you have to eat, work, talk, read and do lots of other really important things as you drive.

Those of us who use the road only for traveling would be happy to stay out of your way; we just need to know you're coming. A little visual clue would help - I was thinking of a bumper sticker. That way, everyone could identify you as Drivers Utilizing Multiple Behaviors. Of course, that's a little long, so we'd cut it down to an acronym - DUMB.

If you'd place stickers on the front, back and maybe the sides of your car, the rest of us would know not to interfere with you on the road.
I think it's such a good idea, I'll pay for the bumper stickers and even put them on for you. Deal?

Again, I'm sorry I got in your way. I'll try harder to see you coming from now on.

I promise!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007