Muffler swap or cat back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for just LITTLE more sound. DONT want any drone at idle OR cruise on hwy @70mph
Need help on this guys. Cat-back or muffler swap? Any and all suggestions appreciated..

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looking for just LITTLE more sound. DONT want any drone at idle OR cruise on hwy @70mph
Need help on this guys. Cat-back or muffler swap? Any and all suggestions appreciated..
If this were my truck I would modify the factory restricted y-pipe where the two pipes come together and then go with a nice Spintech or Mufflex muffler.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this were my truck I would modify the factory restricted y-pipe where the two pipes come together and then go with a nice Spintech or Mufflex muffler.
What do to mean by modify? Make true duel?

Scott L

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 1998
Engine
HEMI & 5.9
I did a muffler delete and kept the two rear resonators. Sounds awesome and very little in cabin noise. And CHEAP!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What do to mean by modify? Make true duel?
What I mean by "modify" is this. If you look at the factory y-pipe where the two pipes come together there is a very large restriction there. The two pipes are "smashed" together to go into one larger pipe. It is a big restriction in flow. True duals are great and flow and sound great in my opinion but not everyone wants to go that route.

My suggestion, and what I do for my customers who want to stay with a single muffler, is remove the restriction in the factory y-pipe and either fabricate or install a much better designed 2-into-1 connection.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I mean by "modify" is this. If you look at the factory y-pipe where the two pipes come together there is a very large restriction there. The two pipes are "smashed" together to go into one larger pipe. It is a big restriction in flow. True duals are great and flow and sound great in my opinion but not everyone wants to go that route.

My suggestion, and what I do for my customers who want to stay with a single muffler, is remove the restriction in the factory y-pipe and either fabricate or install a much better designed 2-into-1 connection.
Thank you for that detailed explination!

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Muffler swap. The B2 Fab w/Magnaflow adds a little more sound, sounds great at idle, and does not drone at all. Link below...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L8MR3BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Muffler swap. The B2 Fab w/Magnaflow adds a little more sound, sounds great at idle, and does not drone at all. Link below...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L8MR3BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
THANK YOU!