My .02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Well went and sat in a 2019 “a few actually”. First thought was man it don’t look any better in person. And I was hoping it would. Interior I give a 10+. Exterior was just not doing it for me. I even took my wife who loves new fancy pretty things. She didn’t like the outside either. Once she got inside “Laramie” she loved it. But was quick to say not enough to buy cause the outside is well in her words. UGLY! I drive a 2500 so was really wanting to look it over and visualize a 2500 model. Not just the front end but rear and side body lines don’t do it for me. Guess I have a year before they come out. But as for me I just might be looking for the last model year and hope for some deep discounts on a Cummins and drive it till she dies. Hoping for great things out of the 2500 model. Only time will tell. Either way gen 4 or if I fall in love with gen 5 I know I’ll still get a grea truck. :Good or Bad:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure the HD will look exactly like the 1500 aside from very small differences, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a dramatic difference or anything resembling a 4th gen.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I say go for the deep discount, go for the known commodity and save cash while doing it. Good luck!

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I’m sure the HD will look exactly like the 1500 aside from very small differences, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a dramatic difference or anything resembling a 4th gen.
Yeah I don’t expect it to look 4th genish. I’m hoping it looks bigger and like a “truck”. But hey. I’m one person can’t fault them for making changes. I may be one of the few in here but the f250superdutys look good to me. Still has some bulk. They will never and can never make everybody happy.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the F250's, I wanted one real bad but I only like the Platinum with the LED headlights and tails, I just couldn't justify spending that much $$. I also don't haul/tow enough for the diesel engine, I only live 5 miles from work and no highway speeds, just back roads.

I'm hopeful for the RAM HD, time will tell

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I'd buy a clown car if the interior was a 10+

When I bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, I thought it was butt-ass-ugly. But the interior was very nice (better IMO than my '08 BMW M3) and it seemed like the most comfortable way to safely commute over the mountain passes for my budget at the time.

I lifted it, threw on 32s and a bull bar, then it started to grow on me. Everyone's gotta do what's right for them, but I'll take nice interior, meh exterior over nice exterior, meh interior any day.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Man, I'd buy a clown car if the interior was a 10+

When I bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, I thought it was butt-ass-ugly. But the interior was very nice (better IMO than my '08 BMW M3) and it seemed like the most comfortable way to safely commute over the mountain passes for my budget at the time.

I lifted it, threw on 32s and a bull bar, then it started to grow on me. Everyone's gotta do what's right for them, but I'll take nice interior, meh exterior over nice exterior, meh interior any day.
See not an interior guy here. I took a big risk showing my wife cause she does like nice interiors. The moon roof almost had her lol. I always like seeing what others find to be important to them. For some ram hit a home run on new style and for some a strike out.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
New models have a way of growing on you after you get used to them and see people mod them. I remember this going from 3rd to 4th gen. That said seeing them next to one another on the lot yes the 4th gen is better looking and more distinctive. If you pass one on the road and miss the grill you won't know what you passed. The 4th gen is a better looking more distinctive body. Most people can instantly recognize a 4th Ram and truck fan or not will tell you they like the looks of it better than the Ford GM or Toyota of the same era. Below the sheet metal the truck is quite a bit better than its predecessor. This is generally most important to me but outside looks have to be acceptable as well. Interior no doubt they set the standard. I really like the interior but its definitely 3rd on more importance level kind of thing.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New models have a way of growing on you after you get used to them and see people mod them.

Agreed 100%

1.) Our brains are wired to have a knee-jerk reaction to rejecting change, especially to things we love or view as already working.

2.) Trim, color, wheels, lift, etc. all distort how we see the truck. That's why people get a professional photographer when they sell a home, with all the crap in it you don't want, it's hard to see the potential. Also, things like bumpers, winches, fender flares, canopies, etc. can completely change the look.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Agreed 100%

1.) Our brains are wired to have a knee-jerk reaction to rejecting change, especially to things we love or view as already working.

2.) Trim, color, wheels, lift, etc. all distort how we see the truck. That's why people get a professional photographer when they sell a home, with all the crap in it you don't want, it's hard to see the potential. Also, things like bumpers, winches, fender flares, canopies, etc. can completely change the look.
All very true. But for myself and I speak for only me “which don’t carry a lot of weight” I keep my truck fairly stock. Really wanna see one with a full ranch bumper replacement. Somebody go buy one and throw it on for me :gayfight:

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All very true. But for myself and I speak for only me “which don’t carry a lot of weight” I keep my truck fairly stock. Really wanna see one with a full ranch bumper replacement. Somebody go buy one and throw it on for me :gayfight:

I will in the next 3 months if one is available. Getting the 2" lift done at the dealer with 35s before I even pick it up.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I prefer the interior to shine as that’s where I spend 95% of my time . Yes I’m not trying to have a butt ugly exterior, but honestly when I get out of my vehicles I really don’t look back at them.

Father Of Four

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441