My 09 Threw The P2563 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just removed the baffle before the turbo (you sure can hear the turbo now... sounds cool) to test the turbo speed sensor and it's good.

I took a pic of the turbo to see how dirty it is.
20190113_152709.jpg

I cleared the code and took it out on the highway driving with the exhaust brake on and trying to get things hot enough to cook off the soot. I have no idea if it will work? The code didn't come back on during the drive.

My AlfaOBD app shows Time Since Regen Started sec (live). During the drive it was registering 5XX.XX. I'm not sure what that means, but it went to 0 near the end of the run.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for all of help.

Update:
I drove with the exhaust brake on today. It sure makes a difference and how fast the engine temperature gets to operating temp.

Still no code thrown.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey just a heads up. A Cummins forum will be tons more help for this type of stuff on these HD trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey just a heads up. A Cummins forum will be tons more help for this type of stuff on these HD trucks.

This IS a Cummins forum. :doh2:

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This IS a Cummins forum. :doh2:

Lol this is a general Ram Trucks forum. I mean a dedicated Cummins Forum. You know the ones specific to the Cummins only and not the 1500’s or Eco-D’s.