My '19 6.7L Cummins High Output Sings a New Song Everyday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I love my 2019 Ram 3500 Cummins High Output dually, which I bought new on a year end clearance almost a year ago. I love the sound of the engine, and that Cummins was very successful at reducing noise, vibration, and harshness.

I also love that it seems the engine sings a new song everyday. Maybe due to changes in weather, temperature, humidity? I like to roll the windows down a bit at start up, warm up, and as I take off, and can swear I am hearing a new melody I have not heard before.

This is the 1st diesel truck I have every owned. What is going on? Am I just love struck and imagining things?

DSCF6654.JPG

Last edited:

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s funny I bought mine a month ago Ram 3500 HO dually she has 550 miles on her and I swear the same thing. Sounds different everyday. Like yesterday she actually sounded louder! Or maybe I’m just love struck too! Or maybe she’s getting broken in a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
As you get some miles on them they do sound a bit different.

Sure, ambient air temperature has an impact as does air density with humidity being a major factor in air density values.

Then you add a CAI and a different exhaust to your Cummins and it sounds a whole LOT different. :D

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
That’s funny I bought mine a month ago Ram 3500 HO dually she has 550 miles on her and I swear the same thing. Sounds different everyday. Like yesterday she actually sounded louder! Or maybe I’m just love struck too! Or maybe she’s getting broken in a bit more.

Congrats on your purchase of your 3500 HO dually ! Please post a pic of her here !

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
7556800e9744b4d159cd0a29b7cc605a.jpg
Here she is . Not many pictures of her at this point .

Nice rig! Sweet !! Is this the Laramie, or did you get the Bighorn, Longhorn, or Limited?

Instead of the fixed running boards I got the "Amp" electric, auto retractable ones that deploy when one opens any of the doors, and retracts when the door is shut. Also has cool purple LED lighting.

I wish the wheels were larger diameter on our duallys. They look really small for the size of the truck. I guess they had to keep them smaller for clearance. On mine there is only 1/2 inch clearance between the inside inner rear tire and the leaf springs.

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice rig! Sweet !! Is this the Laramie, or did you get the Bighorn, Longhorn, or Limited?

Instead of the fixed running boards I got the "Amp" electric, auto retractable ones that deploy when one opens any of the doors, and retracts when the door is shut. Also has cool purple LED lighting.

I wish the wheels were larger diameter on our duallys. They look really small for the size of the truck. I guess they had to keep them smaller for clearance. On mine there is only 1/2 inch clearance between the inside inner rear tire and the leaf springs.

She’s a Laramie. Totally agree with wheel size being on the smaller side. But if you haul real heavy one might need that space. My 1500 limited has automatic running boards not a big fan of them but my wife loves them .

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
She’s a Laramie. Totally agree with wheel size being on the smaller side. But if you haul real heavy one might need that space. My 1500 limited has automatic running boards not a big fan of them but my wife loves them .

So, like me, you got the High Output 6.7 w/ the Aisin transmission. That is an almost indestructible combination !

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, like me, you got the High Output 6.7 w/ the Aisin transmission. That is an almost indestructible combination !

Yes exactly! I bought it to pull my 5th wheel. 13k I think she will do a great job.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Diesels will make noises you never heard before. Tell yourself to ignore them until a light comes on or it blows to pieces...Otherwise, it's all good.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its just like a Orca female Whale, She's singing you a different love song every day!!!!