My 2019 3500 Cummins Is Dead In My Driveway, At Only 15,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
My 2019 3500 Cummins Is Dead In My Driveway, At Only 15,000 miles :-/

Vehicle will not start. Cluster quickly flashes up a number of "service required" messages, then a click under the hood and nothing. Battery is fully charged. My vehicle remains current on the FCA maintenance and service schedules.

Last edited:

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
My 2019 3500 Cummins Is Dead In My Driveway, At Only 15,000 miles :-/

Vehicle will not start. Cluster quickly flashes up a number of "service required" messages. But, my vehicle remains current on the FCA maintenance and service schedules.
Im assuming both batteries are charged up?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
It's there any chance that it was regenerating when you parked it and is now in derate mode?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you troubleshoot all of the battery connections: make sure all are tight, traced ground straps, and also verified starter wires tight?

Other option be to check the "starter relay" in fuse box, but somebody that has a Diesel would need to chime in on how to do on a dual battery diesel, as I would not know which relays to check . also, ne "fuses" directly related? Used to be an old thing to find like relays between starter and another accessory and swap out to see if relay bad. But do stuff like that at own risk.

Just throwing stuff out there.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I called FCA Warranty, as my truck is still under 3 years, 36,000 miles. All they wanted to do was sell me a medical alert device. :-/

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you load tested the batteries individually? Just Checking the voltage is not a good test. You have all the symptoms of a bad battery.

09TRX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Duh? Still under warranty? Tow it to the dealer.
I called FCA Warranty, as my truck is still under 3 years, 36,000 miles. All they wanted to do was sell me a medical alert device. :-/

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Tow truck is on the way. Dealership is 95 miles away and they say I can not ride up with the tow truck driver. I have no other vehicle.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Charged battery does not = good battery. 3yrs old, hot climate, no worky...Put my bet on the batteries
You might be right. Tow truck is on the way as this is a warranty issue.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They are going to charge you... It's a bad battery

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you load tested the batteries individually? Just Checking the voltage is not a good test. You have all the symptoms of a bad battery.

My thoughts exactly. Same thing happened on my Lexus on a less than 3 year old battery. Put a new one in and bam all back to normal. I vote a bad battery or two.

09TRX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can the tow truck give you a jump? Then you can drive your vehicle to the dealer. If there are issues other than a bad battery I’m sure the dealer can rent or give you a loaner. They should accommodate you considering the low mileage.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Tow truck is on the way. Dealership is 95 miles away and they say I can not ride up with the tow truck driver. I have no other vehicle.
1 of my factory batteries puked out after 2 years and the dealership changed it out free of charge.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't think so. 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.
I didn't think general maintenance items like batteries were covered out that far. I could be wrong though

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
They are going to charge you... It's a bad battery
Can the tow truck give you a jump? Then you can drive your vehicle to the dealer. If there are issues other than a bad battery I’m sure the dealer can rent or give you a loaner. They should accommodate you considering the low mileage.

I'll ask if they can jump me. I don't know. May be better to just stay home and let them do whatever. They'll have to send someone all the 95 miles down here to pick me up to get the truck when its fixed. All this sucks but Iive been through worse.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I didn't think general maintenance items like batteries were covered out that far. I could be wrong though
I didn't think I'd be getting a new free battery either so i was surprised. Plus we full time rv so I'm never at the same dealership twice, so no loyalty per say