The Ram Dealership Says My '19 Laramie 3500 Dually is Worth $59K. What is it Really Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Aside from a small dent in the back bumper, my 2019 Laramie 3500 is mint, with only 16K miles. 8 foot bed extended cab w/ H.O. Cummins with Aisin, 12 inch infotainment screen, leather, alloy wheels and a whole host of other options. All maintenance has been done at the same Dealership I bought it from. Their automated value system states $59,000, but what is it really worth?

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
worth more than 59K I would think. what it is worth is what you value it for. the stealership just trying to make some money by digging in your pocket. Sell it privately

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
What does KBB says when you put in the VIN and Blackbook or edmunds
Edmunds states CarMax is interested and the Estimated Offer Range is $56,272 - $68,586. I only paid, new $64K--a year end clearance and I bought it on the last day of the month.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
worth more than 59K I would think. what it is worth is what you value it for. the stealership just trying to make some money by digging in your pocket. Sell it privately
Privately would be the way to go,... to cut out he middle man. Not really interested in selling it, though I would like one like it in flame red.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Use the NADA guide, it's what every bank that I have been to as well as the state of WY

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Definitely low, ram dealerships are still offering me 76k for our 20 model with 30k miles . mint condition loaded

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Selling it to a retailer is always going to get you somewhere near wholesale if you can negotiate up to that. But if you trade at least you get additional savings of tax difference. Private party should get you much more, but you have to spend the time and effort but you pay full tax in new purchase, so advantage is reduced. But the answer of what is really worth is: What someone will pay for it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Any vehicle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Doesn't matter what any book or list states what it's worth.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Edmunds states CarMax is interested and the Estimated Offer Range is $56,272 - $68,586. I only paid, new $64K--a year end clearance and I bought it on the last day of the month.
They are offering only $5K less than you paid for it new on a truck that's now 4 model years old? That doesn't sound too bad to me. Every body likes to throw around the term "stealership" but what do you expect? We all have to remember that a dealer is taking a trade for purposes of resale. Wnd they sell vehicals to make money. You are the whole sales and the dealer is the retailer.

That's what private party sales are for. You get better than trade in and the buyer gets better than retail.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Selling it to a retailer is always going to get you somewhere near wholesale if you can negotiate up to that. But if you trade at least you get additional savings of tax difference. Private party should get you much more, but you have to spend the time and effort but you pay full tax in new purchase, so advantage is reduced. But the answer of what is really worth is: What someone will pay for it.
That depends on where you live. Here in Arkansas, you get the sales tax break no matter if you trade it or sell it private party, as long as the deal is done within 60 days before or after you buy the new one.

The used vehicle market is softening a lot in most areas. I heard on the local news this week that the average used car loan right now is 10.1%. I'm sure that is having a negative impact on values too.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
That depends on where you live. Here in Arkansas, you get the sales tax break no matter if you trade it or sell it private party, as long as the deal is done within 60 days before or after you buy the new one.

The used vehicle market is softening a lot in most areas. I heard on the local news this week that the average used car loan right now is 10.1%. I'm sure that is having a negative impact on values too.
Like the tide, it comes in, and then goes out.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
You can go on Carfax website and search an area to see what similar trucks are listed for. I say listed because chances are they sell for less.
You'll also notice if it had Limited or atleast Longhorn badging it would bring more money, probably closer to what you were hoping for. This is what I found in my area in 2019 back when I bought my truck and presently.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The used market is so fluid right now (as in dropping) it's hard to put a value on it. It's going to come down to what you feel comfortable with. It is 4 model years old now so getting ~$5k less then what you paid doesn't seem so bad? Especially if you are trading and can take advantage of the additional tax break.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
2 weeks ago I got offered 40,000 for my '19 laramie while working deals with 2 different dealers but I passed on those deals and yesterday I got an offer of 37-39500 so looks like used price is slipping a little. my laramie listed for 57,000 and I paid 43,500 new in august of '18. It's all relative since replacement costs are high.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The used market has come off a long ways in the last couple of months. I know here in Alberta used are 25% off their peak values and as new car inventory continues to ramp up it will drop more. Dealer lots are full of new vehicles here.

Your existing truck has no miles on it, get it painted red if that is the major reason you are selling it. Adding 30 grand on top of the trade in value to get a color change doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealership system is kind of screwed right now. They have to lowball even more than they used to because of old stock they WAYYYY over paid for. Check out this truck :

They're selling it for 99,999 because they have no real choice, they probably paid close to 80k for it a few months ago. I was going to trade into one, and I just happened to be at THAT dealer, they would not budge a single penny on that price lol.

I'd go private party!