My 2021 Eco Diesel leaves me stranded on trips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slar676

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
In the last 10 days my 2021 Ram 1500 EcoD has left me stranded after driving 7 hrs. After driving and restart of truck after stop the dash lights up with yellow icons, the 4w drive high and low flash, the message center says service 4 wheel drive, service trailer brake, AEB system not functioning, The parking brake is stuck on and when I try to drive the truck will not shift out of 1st gear. The first time it happened it was towed to a Dodge dealership and it was fine the next morning after a code reset. The second time it happened the tow truck took two hrs to get there. After an hour and a half I tried to start it again and all of the problems were gone. I am thinking that it is heat related but what could it be? Does the electronic computer overheat and go haywire? It resets itself but there is a cause to the problem. Dodge dealership will not even look at it! Has this happened to others?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like either TIPM failure or a short in the wiring somewhere. Next time it does it go under the hood and jiggle the fuses and relays in the fuse box and see if it’ll restart. May need to smack it a couple times. If that doesn’t work then it’s pcm or wiring.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look in truck floorboard, above brake pedal to the left mounted. There are 3 white wire junction boxes. MAKE sure they are all properly connected. In the Gen 2 ED's, this was a problem. Just a thought that I remember from ED Forum. Now, there is also a box under the frame, left side behind LF wheel. That would also be a place to check, but go for interior first.

ALSO open outer fuse box, and MAKE sure all FUSES are "seated".

CAVEAT: As RIDGERUNNER stated, a bad/weak battery cause a multitude of problems. Check battery cables and make sure all secure to all parts also and have battery checked under load if U can.

AFTER all above, out of Internet Guessnosis.