My junk 2016 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had no choice. They apparently didn’t care to fix the issues with my truck. So all they had were Rams on the lot. Took a black one which was about the only V8 they had. I hate black. Hope to trade it for a Chevy this week.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
A buddy of mine got a brand new GMC a couple years ago ! The first 6 months he maybe drove it 6 weeks :O Back and forth, And yes electrical and I believe it was also the computer Any brand can have a issue ! Curious you said you got rid of the RAM and moved into another one ! Did they use the lemon law on your old truck ? Or you traded it in with them ?Good luck with the new truck ,bummer about all your problems

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer was great Ram totally sucked. They gave me top BB value for my truck and I paid a little less than retail for this other one. Not at all what I wanted but tell me who can be without transportation for a week? The problems with my truck lasted for two years. Would you buy another one ? I know problems can happen with any make of truck. But Ram was horrible with their support.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lemon Law ... You had the upper hand ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer was great Ram totally sucked. They gave me top BB value for my truck and I paid a little less than retail for this other one. Not at all what I wanted but tell me who can be without transportation for a week? The problems with my truck lasted for two years. Would you buy another one ? I know problems can happen with any make of truck. But Ram was horrible with their support.

I completely understand. But why dont you give it a while. This one could be a great truck.

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I completely understand. But why dont you give it a while. This one could be a great truck.

You know what , I’m just really pissed right now. I loved that Ram I had. I really appreciate your advice. But I just don’t know if I can get over how I was treated. This one I just got is black. I do not like black. And I know it’s picky but for some reason my other Ram has HD radio this one doesn’t. I love HD radio. But we will see. Thanks to the guys who were really concerned about my dilemma. It outnumbered the sarcastic comments.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Sorry to hear about your treatment from RAM. I have had ****** treatment from GM and Ford. You seem to have a good dealer that is trying the best they can to make it somewhat right for you. You may not find such an accommodating dealer with another brand. I am sure they hated the situation as well. They were on the pointy end of the stick with the customer while RAM sat back in their ivory tower. They probably lost money on all the work RAM didn't reimburse them for since they couldn't provide a code to bill their diagnosis time.

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love the dodges, i have an all black one as well lol. I understand the frustration and i wouldnt stick with a vehicle that gave me so many problems either. However my father owns two chevy pickups, one of which has had to have warranty work once and needs it once again, despite it being barely driven, and the other blew an engine at 120k, amongst other issues. If i was gonna ditch the dodge, id go toyota before i went any half ton ford or chevy

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to hear about your treatment from RAM. I have had ****** treatment from GM and Ford. You seem to have a good dealer that is trying the best they can to make it somewhat right for you. You may not find such an accommodating dealer with another brand. I am sure they hated the situation as well. They were on the pointy end of the stick with the customer while RAM sat back in their ivory tower. They probably lost money on all the work RAM didn't reimburse them for since they couldn't provide a code to bill their diagnosis time.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is what I am wondering. I know someone that unknowingly purchased a flood vehicle. The computers appeared to have been soaked and that vehicle had all sorts of electronic glitches until the computers "below the water line" were replaced. ECM and BCM both had signs of water infiltration.
nailed it

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Reading all these comments really calms me down. You’re right. This dealer did try to help

Yeah man, look around on these forums. It's a rarity to find a good dealer. That is good to have in your pocket. Have you driven a GM? Our fleet vehicles at work are gm. They do us decent as the guys treat them like crap. But I can't stand how they drive and feel. To me, there is nothing out there that feels as comfortable as my truck. My 2014 with a 4 inch lift and 35s drives and rides better than my supervisors 2017 ltz Silverado 1500. You sit in the driver's seat and it's like sitting on a bucket. Just feels so awkward. Hard to explain.

Like others said, let your emotions calm. They all have their issues. Put pen to paper and do the math. If it works for you to get another truck do it. It's your money. You should be happy with what you pay for. Remember, most things can be changed. New radio, paint color (wrap) etc. Do pros and cons of everything.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Maybe just slow down a bit and take a breath or two. You traded a truck in order to trade that truck for another truck? Your going to take that bath twice? Renting a truck for a week would have been cheaper then jumping into a truck you "hate" in order to trade that truck as well. I don't know if you're paying cash or taking a loan, but you're throwing a lot of money down the drain either way with the flip-flop.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anybody have the check engine light on most of the time ? Mine does. And it completely died on me with no warning. Every warning light on the cluster went on and the wipers came on with the switch off. Then the truck just went dead for about 5 minutes. I’m sure it will never happen again. Haha. They keep telling me they are looking for a bad plug or harness when I know it’s a computer problem.Every other time they said no codes were stored. Now this time they said it’s over 140 but now the th said they disappeared today. I’ve had it back 6 times and this last time they’ve had it for 4 days. Even though they said I would have a loaner the last 3 times I’m still sitting here needing a vehicle. I hate this truck. Thanks Ram $30 k for a heap of scrap metal. I’m sure electrical and computer problems will just go away on their own.
Welcome aboard from a former ford, chevy owner.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had no choice. They apparently didn’t care to fix the issues with my truck. So all they had were Rams on the lot. Took a black one which was about the only V8 they had. I hate black. Hope to trade it for a Chevy this week.
Them Chevys never have any problems.LMAFO.You seemed to avoid the earlier question for some reason did you buy your 2016 ram new or used.

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Them Chevys never have any problems.LMAFO.You seemed to avoid the earlier question for some reason did you buy your 2016 ram new or used.
Never in my post did I say they have no problems. I actually had a brand new GMC in 94. Motor was knocking at 7k miles. It happens. But unlike Ram they gave me a new motor and fixed it.