My junk 2016 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never in my post did I say they have no problems. I actually had a brand new GMC in 94. Motor was knocking at 7k miles. It happens. But unlike Ram they gave me a new motor and fixed it.
Other experience for me purchased a brand new 2002 chevy Silverado 5.3 engine piston slap SOB.Burned 2 quarts very 2,000 miles chevy stated normal.Had more **** wrong with that truck than any truck I every owned.Sold the **** it at 28,000 miles and never looked back.

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Other experience for me purchased a brand new 2002 chevy Silverado 5.3 engine piston slap SOB.Burned 2 quarts very 2,000 miles chevy stated normal.Had more **** wrong with that truck than any truck I every owned.Sold the **** it at 28,000 miles and never looked back.
Every make has its problems. Just seems like I always get the problem vehicles. Lol

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
Another Ram with a FCA paper warranty.. Went through the same BS with mine, love the brand but that's where it ends. Customer service from local dealers are horrible at best and to call FCA with a case file is just like slamming your hand in the door repeatedly for 3mo and then smashing every toe you have with a 5lb hammer....

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
(*&^&*(+_)(*_)&*^&_+*&(*^T I hear about ***** like this happening to others. Any vehicle unless it is forty years or more old. Used to be you greased the front end when they had grease fittings on everything and never had to replace front ends etc because of wear that these new disposable vehicles with no grease fittings are missing. Computer ***** and envirowhacko ***** adds another dimension to bs and expense. That is why we have vehicles as old as 1976thta are ROADWORTHY, RESTORED and USED DAILY!

Tune up used to be new plugs, a condenser, and points and air filter. Cost was peanuts. Do not give me that enviro bs nonsense! The Great Lakes have cities on them like Toronto (**** City) Oshawa, Hamilton, etc that routinely dump millions of GALLONS of raw sewage into them and have been for decades. So why do these envirofascist fools not focus on that? Why did not Great Stunnedberg or for that matter, David Pukizuki, Al ***** and the other fools and scammers never address a real problem of sewage pollution? Ditto for Turdo. We all know the answer.

I am not the only one who rejects all this envirowhacko cult bs and my latest ride is a 1979 Chevy van short wheelbase with one pollution item on it, a stupid canister. It is in excellent condition, no rust, and was easily and cheaply certified by only replacing a few blown bulbs.

The whole thing is all about the damned dollar but they are not getting me. I do have a 2008 2500 Dodge with 5.7 and 6 stick. Yet it is a business deduction and has been great for the first 316,000 km on it but requires and will get a fender fix(defect pinch joint), a few ding repairs and a new paint job.

And unless you missed it I hate the damned CYSTem. It is corrupt with lying loons elected by other fools. I am actually related to Shrek but am far uglier in appearance and demeanor.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious, when you bought the 2016 that gave you problems. Did you check the carfax, and did you also have a mechanic look it over to make sure it wasn't a flood vehicle? Not to beat on you if you didn't, but just curious if you did it or not.

Wesley Hardee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anybody have the check engine light on most of the time ? Mine does. And it completely died on me with no warning. Every warning light on the cluster went on and the wipers came on with the switch off. Then the truck just went dead for about 5 minutes. I’m sure it will never happen again. Haha. They keep telling me they are looking for a bad plug or harness when I know it’s a computer problem.Every other time they said no codes were stored. Now this time they said it’s over 140 but now the th said they disappeared today. I’ve had it back 6 times and this last time they’ve had it for 4 days. Even though they said I would have a loaner the last 3 times I’m still sitting here needing a vehicle. I hate this truck. Thanks Ram $30 k for a heap of scrap metal. I’m sure electrical and computer problems will just go away on their own.
Mine did it to me. Exact same thing. And my trailer brake controller Was the issue

Wesley Hardee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine did it to me? And my trailer brake controller was faulty. Dodge couldn't figure it out. But I figured it out. They replace my free of charge cause I just bought the truck.

Last edited:

Ron MacDonld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I got over $55K on my 2015, I bought it new in May 2015 and never had an issue yet..Engine Lite came on once for Coolant valve and I researched on line that the cable harness needs to be wrapped, I did that and never had a problem again. I wonder why some have so much trouble?

Greg Shea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did same thing- First thing we did was check all modules- bad radio module cause all other problems, they found it and replaced. worked fine for 4 months, did it again. In shop now, they say its the TIPM- Module that controls fuse box under hood. We are replacing it now- hopefully this fixes it. Dealership charging 1500 to replace. UGG

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious, when you bought the 2016 that gave you problems. Did you check the carfax, and did you also have a mechanic look it over to make sure it wasn't a flood vehicle? Not to beat on you if you didn't, but just curious if you did it or not.
It was a CPO so I would think it was already checked over

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

true, but they always say, have your own trusted mechanic look it over. The mechanic at the dealer is on the dealers side, not yours.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealer was great Ram totally sucked. They gave me top BB value for my truck and I paid a little less than retail for this other one. Not at all what I wanted but tell me who can be without transportation for a week? The problems with my truck lasted for two years. Would you buy another one ? I know problems can happen with any make of truck. But Ram was horrible with their support.

Sorry about your issue but your statement about the dealer was great but Ram sucked is totally crazy. First of all you didn't have a great dealer, sounds like a crook to me . A great dealer would have the issue taken care of one way or another and furnished a vehicle for everyday yours was in the shop. Next if it was a great dealer and they felt the truck was bad enough it couldn't be repaired they would have worked with you to get another truck like you wanted. You talking about being forced to take another one you don't like or want is BS. Sounds like you don't know how to deal with a dealership that is evidently trying to screw you. In fact from the way you have spoken about this it sounds more like your dealing with some used car lot shyster bunch and not a Chrysler Ram Dodge Dealer.

OP
OP
Q

Qakman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry about your issue but your statement about the dealer was great but Ram sucked is totally crazy. First of all you didn't have a great dealer, sounds like a crook to me . A great dealer would have the issue taken care of one way or another and furnished a vehicle for everyday yours was in the shop. Next if it was a great dealer and they felt the truck was bad enough it couldn't be repaired they would have worked with you to get another truck like you wanted. You talking about being forced to take another one you don't like or want is BS. Sounds like you don't know how to deal with a dealership that is evidently trying to screw you. In fact from the way you have spoken about this it sounds more like your dealing with some used car lot shyster bunch and not a Chrysler Ram Dodge Dealer.
First it is a Ram dealer. Second they gave the highest KBB trade value in the book. Third even though my truck had been having this problem for 2 years off and on ,as an electrician I know how hard it is to find an intermittent problem. And fourth my truck had 80,000 miles on it

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First it is a Ram dealer. Second they gave the highest KBB trade value in the book. Third even though my truck had been having this problem for 2 years off and on ,as an electrician I know how hard it is to find an intermittent problem. And fourth my truck had 80,000 miles on it

I can completely understand this. Electronic problems are not easy to track down the source.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Sometimes CPO's are something you can actually rely on that the dealer checked the car over good...most of the time though it seems it's more of a sales gimmick. Have seen more than a few friends who bought CPO's that shortly after found things wrong that clearly would have been found had the dealer actually looked through the car. Just like the carfax, can't rely on a CPO to not be a pile of junk. Although I've had good luck with car fax's, never bought a CPO just because around my area it seems overwhelmingly like a ripoff where they just slap that sticker on it and not much else happens.

Also, I've noticed if the CPO comes with some extra warranty to boost the price, they seem to fight repairs pretty hard (not surprising). Again, that's just my experience in my little world, I'm sure others have had really good experiences buying CPO's.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sometimes CPO's are something you can actually rely on that the dealer checked the car over good...most of the time though it seems it's more of a sales gimmick. Have seen more than a few friends who bought CPO's that shortly after found things wrong that clearly would have been found had the dealer actually looked through the car. Just like the carfax, can't rely on a CPO to not be a pile of junk. Although I've had good luck with car fax's, never bought a CPO just because around my area it seems overwhelmingly like a ripoff where they just slap that sticker on it and not much else happens.

Also, I've noticed if the CPO comes with some extra warranty to boost the price, they seem to fight repairs pretty hard (not surprising). Again, that's just my experience in my little world, I'm sure others have had really good experiences buying CPO's.

Are you saying you can't fully rely on carfax either?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you saying you can't fully rely on carfax either?

I wouldn't completely rely on it, I agree with others that some pretty bad things can be hidden from it. For instance, the last time I was looking for a truck this past spring I came across a truck in Florida with a clean car fax, then googled its vin and found pictures of it all beat up looking in a gated parking lot, with a water line halfway up the doors. Clearly a flood vehicle, but a completely clean car fax. I still do use it for reference for some other things though, like it's titling history/window sticker/remaining warranty info. Just wouldn't rely solely on the carfax to verify the condition of the vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500