My new toy. Now a 5th gen owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a new truck. It's a 2022 Bighorn CCLB. I really like it. At first the 5th gens really didn't do anything for me but that changed. I love the chrome. I still think the 4th gen look better without it (Express & Sport) and the 5th with it. But again that's only my opinion.

The mods on my short list are step bars so my wife can get in it, bed liner, and a tonneau cover. Some other mods I did to my last truck don't need to be done to this one because it has them. Mainly the brake controller, class 4 receiver, and remote start. The rest is up in the air. Here are some outside pics from my driveway and some inside from my test drive.

20221028_152730.jpg20221028_152743.jpg20221028_104319.jpg20221028_104310.jpg

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

Time to update your signature.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome to the 5th gen family!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Outstanding update and GL on new ride.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Box up all of those tags and covers and window stickers for when it's time to sell it. People like me pay a premium for that stuff.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
If you look, closely, in the Houses front window, pretty sure I can make out Martians or, more likely, your neighbors turned Green with Envy.

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful! Congrats on the new truck. Is that still called Delmonico Red? Same color as my '16 and i get a lot of comments about it.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful! Congrats on the new truck. Is that still called Delmonico Red? Same color as my '16 and i get a lot of comments about it.
Yep its still called Delmonico Red.

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck. The only thing I don't like is that it only has one 12v cig plug outlet and it's on the top of the dash. I have a radar detector and a dash cam that uses those plugs as well as a monitor for my rear view camera on my trailer, but I only use that when I'm towing.

I'll have to either get some adapters or an extention or hardwire a couple of things. They have a ton of options on Amazon. Just one more project. I'll probably get an extention for the cig outlet first so I can plug both in down low. Right now I have a double outlet plugged in up top and the wires are just hanging there.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Beautiful new truck, congrats! Love the color and the chrome!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck. The only thing I don't like is that it only has one 12v cig plug outlet and it's on the top of the dash. I have a radar detector and a dash cam that uses those plugs as well as a monitor for my rear view camera on my trailer, but I only use that when I'm towing.

I'll have to either get some adapters or an extention or hardwire a couple of things. They have a ton of options on Amazon. Just one more project. I'll probably get an extention for the cig outlet first so I can plug both in down low. Right now I have a double outlet plugged in up top and the wires are just hanging there.
YUP, I have a "19 Bighorn 1500, same problem. U would need to pull cover under steering wheel to get to fusebox to change the Cig Plug to constant 12V, well at least on mine it is keyed, not constant, if that works for U. I think fuse 54, but do not quote dis dumb Boird, LOL (will be 2 position fuse).

Kenobi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel

It wasn't until I read this that I realized I also only have the one 'cigarrete lighter' outlet. Oh well, with the USB ports it's not an issue for me to charge phones/ipads

Nice truck! Mine's a '21 Bighorn Night Edition. I'm missing the brake controller, but will be installing that next year a long with a few other bits.