My New Truck Went KABOOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The underhood condition has rendered the truck UNSELLABLE...No way anyone would buy this truck with 2300 miles on it, looking like it does under the hood...Remember 2 days ago I said it was going to be sold on craigslist...
How about you post pictures of said damage to show just how "unsellable" it is.

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Sorry boyz n girlz, it's out of my hands as of today. Turned it over to my nasty Chicago lawyers, and they will run with it from here. :favorites13:

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully they get you whatever you are looking for. To me, the situation seems completely blown out of proportion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Why are there no pictures of this? There seems to be lack of photos in this whole thread.

I want to see the engine bay now.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Why on earth are any of you all being so antagonistic towards this fellow. Any one of you would have been just as pissed and aggravated by this situation if it was your truck. Probably even more so! Oh its not so bad spray some Sham shine on it and sell it for a loss and be happy. Yeah right like you would be happy with that. This man paid good money for a product from FCA as we all did and it was defective, when the defect reared its ugly head it caused additional damage. FCA set him up with the nearest dealership as is their policy to minimize towing and recovery cost. He was then further victimized by an incompetent, callous service dept. I have seen many of you belly ache over similar issues from dealerships with your own trucks, but hey that's ok though. You criticize him when he says the truck is unsellable. Well if you feel that strongly about it would you buy it like that I think not! People come on this forum for help with ideas, making mods, servicing their trucks and yes when things go bad for them, not to be accosted and attacked by other members. Some of you all should be ashamed of yourselves!

I only hope that he gets fair and adequate compensation, not just for the value of his truck but also for his time and aggravation.

Last edited:

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we criticized his over acting. This thread is OP stating his side of an issue. When anyone suggest calming down OP went the other direction. He claims he followed FCA then filed a complaint to the police before allowing FCA a reasonable time frame to response. Members asked for pics he didn't post any then claims sorry it's out of his hands. Do you think his attorney has his truck? When asked he deflected responses yet he accuses dealer and FCA of the same and worse(criminal). Threads from posters similar to this one are like the stories on Facebook. We don't know what or who to believe. I've seen issues brought up numerous times, but the incorrect / misconception is repeated over and over with the facts getting buried. In this thread the OP was his own worst enemy.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Agree to disagree, he is the injured party and has a right to be upset. So he did not provide pictures, where in the registration process does it say you are required to provide them if asked. What clause in the forum rules makes the OP obligated to the other members in that he owes them answers, explanations and or documentation? Not really!
But there are rules about treating each other with respect which seem to have been forgotten here.
He created this thread, no doubt looking for a shoulder, and maybe some helpful advice. And what he got was a bunch of jailhouse lawyers, backroom psychiatrist and just plain rude behavior.
And like I said if it was their truck their tone would be completely different. Nothing like the feeling of kicking them when they are down right!

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Agree to disagree, he is the injured party and has a right to be upset. So he did not provide pictures, where in the registration process does it say you are required to provide them if asked. What clause in the forum rules makes the OP obligated to the other members in that he owes them answers, explanations and or documentation? Not really!
But there are rules about treating each other with respect which seem to have been forgotten here.
He created this thread, no doubt looking for a shoulder, and maybe some helpful advice. And what he got was a bunch of jailhouse lawyers, backroom psychiatrist and just plain rude behavior.
And like I said if it was their truck their tone would be completely different. Nothing like the feeling of kicking them when they are down right!

Do not fall off your high horse, might hurt yourself. You are the poster child of snarky replies and general crabby attitude around here at times.

It's great you did a lot of leg work on the various mods that are popular but that only buys you so much goodwill around here.

It's obvious you and the OP got a common ground for your perceived slights of your local dealership network service departments. But do not confuse disagreement as "rude behavior".

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Do not fall off your high horse, might hurt yourself. You are the poster child of snarky replies and general crabby attitude around here at times.

I believe your horse is much taller than mine. Being upset over shoddy quality and poor service is not a crabby attitude its normal. Criticizing people over it is rude and counterproductive. You also accused the OP of making up his brake failure because the vacuum boost would not let that happen, until you realized he has hydroboost instead, was there any point to that? Not one post in this thread you made was in any way of any help to the OP. If you have nothing nice or constructive to say why say anything?

It's great you did a lot of leg work on the various mods that are popular but that only buys you so much goodwill around here.

I did not do the legwork as you put it to score points, I did it to help fellow members.

It's obvious you and the OP got a common ground for your perceived slights of your local dealership network service departments. But do not confuse disagreement as "rude behavior".

The bottom line here is this guy got a bad break and deserves to be made whole again and if this was your truck you would sing a much different tune.

Last edited:

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
hey, i'm sorry, but the original poster became so shrill and unrealistic, I just wanted to tune him out. My sympathy only can go so far. I suggest when he gets into court, or mediation, he should tone it down, or he'll alienate the people he's trying to convince. You can be assertive and effective without being so shrill.

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder why something as harsh as brake cleaner would be used.

Personally I'd start with dawn dish soap and a pressure washer. Brake cleaner would be the last thing I tried.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder why something as harsh as brake cleaner would be used.

Personally I'd start with dawn dish soap and a pressure washer. Brake cleaner would be the last thing I tried.
Because it is the most convenient thing to use.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
OP-So this whole situation snowballed from being too lazy to change a damned hose and use a little engine degreaser? I understand warranty claims but seriously? The hose was likely less than $50 maybe $20 in degreaser. Could have done it yourself in about an hour. You wasted more time taking it to the dealership than if you had done it yourself. Time is money. Lawyers cost money. You have no problems wasting time or hiring lawyers but feel the need to complain about a little plastic discoloration? The rock salt will do far worse damage to much more expensive parts in less than a year. How does one spin this to be a logical course of action? Unless you are 98 years old or disabled I have a really tough time coming up with any sympathy at all........

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't think his initial reaction was a problem whatsoever. Hose breaks... Why? Could be an over pressured pump, bad gear box...Nope. Take it to the dealer and make them fix and diagnostic all systems. At least then you have the trail should something related occur in the future.

As for cleaning the engine compartment... IF (we haven't seen pics) it is so damaged, it seems to me he could make them replace the damaged plastics and hoses they cleaned up. Not sure I'd call it criminal, unless for some reason the OP was an absolute ass to the dealer and they did use the wrong stuff on purpose. Still, I can see why he was so upset. A brand new truck should look brand new.