yay my first breakdown lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mola Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sooo had my first breakdown today, lol

did 300 mile trip and on last leg of trip i stopped at gas station and when i went to pull out my steering was TOAST...so i'm pretty sure the pump STB...

so on another note i did install two days ago the steering box brace kit that i guess these trucks need due to the famous death wobble issue ... not sure if that has something to do with it , i am 99.9% sure i installed the brace correct and i had noticed this past week a bit of noise coming from the pump... i looked under hood listening and observing inside engine bay and noticed a belt wobble ; i wasn't sure if it was a water pump or steering pump... guess i found out the hard way... thank god for AAA... lol

so for those that have done these pumps im looking at getting one from rock auto ... just confused as to the ZF non ZF thing... seems like mine is the non-ZF as the reservoir and pump are black ... and tbh it kinda looks cheesy haha...

i guess my questions are:

1). tips for ease of removal /installation ?
2.) anyone get one from Rock Auto w good results ?
3.) i know to cycle the steering back and forth bunch of times to get the air out ... but how do you flush the system to get the contaminants out? THAT i haven't done before haha

thanks in advance! hope i can get this girl back on the road asap as my paving season starts real soon and i need my ride haha

77E27698-E15E-4AED-A56F-8F6DC21E3000.jpeg