My truck + my wife = an F bomb.... or two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Driving the grocery getter to the store the other night. Wife is sifting through coupons but its dark so she reaches up to turn on the map light in the overhead console.....did you know the S.O.S. button is just in front of the map light? Did you know it doesn’t matter how many times you pound that “F’n thing” after you press it, you cant stop the S.O.S. call? Did you know whoever put that “F’n thing” there is an “F’n idiot”? Just ask my wife, she’ll be glad to tell you....or maybe you don’t want to hear it from her. I can tell you with confidence the system works very well? I don’t recommend you test it, just take my word for it.

Actually I’m very glad its there. And I’m glad I know it works so well. And yes, it was funny as hell.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Wow, sorry that happened to you and also :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:.

So what happened after the button press??

OP
OP
KeithP

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Wow, sorry that happened to you and also :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:.

So what happened after the button press??

The call goes to an operator. You have to wait for them to answer and request the call be canceled. After that you get to tell your kids, sisters in-laws, nieces and nephews what their mother, sister, aunt did.

Preface to this incident: two weeks earlier, nephew’s wife left their 2 year old son in the cab of their 2006 Chevy while she loaded some cattle in a trailer. All went well until the phone rang. Sheriff’s department called the nephew asking what the emergency was, nephew called his wife, she was confused, second Sheriffs department called. She had crossed county lines moving the cattle. Had to wait for the sheriff to find her to confirm all was well. The 2 year old had activated the on-star system. Who knew? on-star continues to work even in a 14 year old beat up farm truck.

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL, Been there, done that on my SUV. Total panic after I accidentally hit it but the SOS person that answered said it happens a lot. She was actually very nice about it. At least I know it works. Kind of like butt-dialing 911 which I also did once.

Reminds me of this hilarious scene from the IT Crowd British sitcom:

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Worst I've done so far is hit the flight attendant call button when trying to turn on the light while flying.... Certainly not as bad, but you still get that panic to turn it off before they see who did it....:sorrysign:

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I covertly auto start my truck on cold mornings at work.
I can do it right from the lab.
I hit the panic button by accident once. ONCE!
Never again!