My trucks transmission shifts past drive to the manual +/-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBury

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2014 with only 32k miles and it has been flawless so far but after a trip to get groceries I backed out of my parking spot, shifted to drive but the truck jumped over the D to the +/-. It seemed to run as normal as I drove home but no matter what I tried I couldnt figure out how to get it back to normal. It is very cold here today (single digit actual temp) and I had big gloves on, did I turn this on by accident somehow? I have had several people make comments about Dodge pickup transmission issues that this has me paranoid. Thanks in advance.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
do you have 8 speed knob shifter or 6 speed console or traditional column shifter?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If its the 8 speed knob with gear +/- signs on the steering wheel you probably just accidentally hit the gear - on the steering wheel
if so just press on the + button to get back to the D
or go to park and back to D

OP
OP
B

BBury

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If its the 8 speed knob with gear +/- signs on the steering wheel you probably just accidentally hit the gear - on the steering wheel
if so just press on the + button to get back to the D
or go to park and back to D
Its on the column, I tried going to park a couple of times and it just jumped by the D. I did not turn the truck off and back on to see if it reset but if not I will attempt to + out. Thanks for the input.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to Park, than back to D turns off the manual gear selector. Puts it back in regular mode till U "hit" the "button" again.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
To exit manual mode just hold the + button till it goes back to D.