N-Fab Epyx Steps vs. Westin HDX XTREME Nerf Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packer96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 w/e-torque

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've had both brands and really like the NFab products.

One thing to consider...don't get any step bar that is painted. They chip very easily, the tops of the steps get scratched and the paint will start to peel. Get some that are powdercoated. All of my NFab units were powder coated and they wear really well.

I had to re-do a set of step bars that were painted. I had them coated with bed liner and that worked out well.

Good luck with your choice.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you live in Winter weather, N-Fab’s powdercoating sucks !!!! Mine didn’t last 2 Ohio Winters before the bubbled and peeled .... And I have factory flares, and I had to modify the mount plate to fit .... Never again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer and stock both. Both options are similar in quality which is them both being good quality steps. I would pick the ones I like the looks and function of the most as neither one is really better than the other.

Let us know if we can help. Message me if you would like a quote.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you live in Winter weather, N-Fab’s powdercoating sucks !!!! Mine didn’t last 2 Ohio Winters before the bubbled and peeled .... And I have factory flares, and I had to modify the mount plate to fit .... Never again

Mine didn’t last a year here in Ohio. I sent them back and they sent me a new set. So far they are holding up.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's odd to me that the coating broke down so quickly. Do they salt the roads there in Ohio?

I put almost 90K on the set that graced my 2007 MegaCan.

11-04.JPG

11-06.JPG

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's odd to me that the coating broke down so quickly. Do they salt the roads there in Ohio?

View attachment 235491

View attachment 235492

There’s a salt mine right under Lake Erie .... They sling that **** around here like it’s free .... It keeps all the oil spray people in business

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There’s a salt mine right under Lake Erie .... They sling that **** around here like it’s free .... It keeps all the oil spray people in business

Ahhh...that would explain it. I don't think I traveled salted roads with the MegaCan. It was chemical de-icer stuff used where I primarily drove.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the HDX Extreme, and they also don't hold up well to winter abuse. I'm seeing surface rust in some areas. I'll probably just sand them down and coat them both in bed liner.

ripvanhalen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 235491

View attachment 235492
Hi Maddog, Those look great on the mega-cab. Looks like a pretty long section of the bar is unsupported between the rear wheel and the rear mounting bracket. How much flex is there when you step on the bed access step? Thanks.