Need advice: --> Moab. Prep???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm headed to Moab in April with my 2015 PW. I grew up playing in the mud of southern Indiana where Super Swampers were the single best upgrade. Rock crawling is new to me. What do I need to do to get my PW ready for the most fun and least damage while I am at PW in Moab? I'm driving there from Houston and would love to still be able to drive it back home after a week in Moab.

Upgrades done, or in progress:
Dethloff Skip Plate (arriving any day now??)
WKOR sliders (just ordered last week)
35" Ridge Runner tires (Putting on new in April)
Diff cover (probably going with the AEV front and rear nodular iron diff covers instead of putting Carli (front) and Poison Spider (rear) diff protectors)
Adding a tool such at RAM Taser or Procal to calibrate the new tire size.

Just a quick look at the truck and a couple things that look like they will not survive Moab:
1. Stock rear exhaust. I'm not wanting to make mods for sounds purposes, but I don't want to be cutting off a flattened rear exhaust tip either.
2. Front air dam under the stock front bumper. Can I leave that alone or should I go ahead and take it off now?
3. Stock front and rear bumpers: Are they going to come back all bent up???

What else are highly recommended mods/upgrades I should consider? Like I said, I'm new to the rock world and PW, so if I can learn from you all, I'd love to save myself some problems.

-Mike

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
My advice is that in April to stay off the roads like White Rim Trail when wet. Mud and sheer 300 foot drops with the tires on the edge doesn't make it an enjoyable experience. Roads can be impassable when wet. I live within 2 hours of Moab, but usually just stop there for supplies. Enjoy.

Last edited: