Need direction on Air Dam for 2023 1500 Bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1tzkenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6 E-torque
Hello All!

How do I know if I have an active Air Dam and please point me to sites/discussions.

This thing hangs WAY too low, in front and I want to create more clearance, whether it be to remove the dam, completely, or whether to cut/saw it.

I have NO idea if I have an "active" dam, or a passive one and want to know how to check and how to alter.

Many Thanks!!

Ken

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Search this site. It has such discussions. You should be able to see it if you look.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Look under the front bumper. If there is another bumper piece tucked up under there then you have an active air dam. It deploys around 38mph IIRC for added aerodynamics while driving. It retracts around the same speed (or just under...maybe 35mph?) as you slow down.

If you have a Rebel then you don't have an active air dam. All other 1500 models had the active air dam. There were some parts shortages (don't know about now) so it was a "delete" item here and there but it's a good bet you have it.

It looks like this:

1699982238212.png